Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't get why people even worry, if he stays great if not we'll get a massive fee for him that can bring in 4-5 quality players for the squad. He wont be going anywhere right now Kenwrights a clown but even he knows once fully developed Barkley will be an £70-80 million player, he wont be worth it same as Bale wasn't, but the media desperate for the next English superstar/hero will catipulte him towards that same as they did minus the English with Bale. He's been talked about for £50 million now which he isn't worth so keep him and if he wants to go in 2-4 seasons time get a massive fee for him, if not keep him.

Working out well for Spurs.

Working out well for Spurs.

Worked well for City and Chelsea though, end of the day its £100 mil cold hard cash mate not our problem spurs spent alot of it on ****e, we spent it on Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fernando, M'vila and Lovren you wouldn't be confident we couldn't really push for the title?

But like I said he's getting plenty of game time here and is loving his football at the moment, Kenwright also knows his value will only rise and rise the older and more developed he becomes. He will sign a new contract and will either stay loyal down the line or in 2-4 seasons leave for £60 mil+

Worked well for City and Chelsea though, end of the day its £100 mil cold hard cash mate not our problem spurs spent alot of it on ****e, we spent it on Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fernando, M'vila and Lovren you wouldn't be confident we couldn't really push for the title?

But like I said he's getting plenty of game time here and is loving his football at the moment, Kenwright also knows his value will only rise and rise the older and more developed he becomes. He will sign a new contract and will either stay loyal down the line or in 2-4 seasons leave for £60 mil+

Both of those teams have spunked over 300 million in the last 5 years without having to give up anyone that was integral to their team. During that time both have not won half of the **** they should have.

Both of those teams have spunked over 300 million in the last 5 years without having to give up anyone that was integral to their team. During that time both have not won half of the **** they should have.

and how far currently off are we from being top of the league or atleast a regular pusher for the top 4? with £60-80 mil to spend on the squad we would be right up there IMO. Like I said this ****ting of ourselves everytime the rags link a star player of ours to Utd is cringeworthy, Baines would be in a Utd shirt for the past 2 seasons if people believed what the papers (without quotes) say. Lets just enjoy the season as the facts are there to see Barkley will still be here come the end of the season and if and when he decides to move on we would get a massive fee (providing we are smart and give him regular contract extensions ala suarez.) Just stop panicking ffs!

Worked well for City and Chelsea though

Totally different clubs/situations. They didn't have a star player that came through their academy, that the fans loved, that they then flogged for telephone money and spent said money on 5-6 new players. Spurs did (okay Bale didn't came through their academy but they had him at 17), they are the exact example of what you appear to be suggesting we should possibly do.

City and Chelsea have multiple major stars and haven't used the proceeds from the sale of one particular player to bankroll multiple other signings. Both clubs are bankrolled by billionaires.

and how far currently off are we from being top of the league or atleast a regular pusher for the top 4? with £60-80 mil to spend on the squad we would be right up there IMO. Like I said this ****ting of ourselves everytime the rags link a star player of ours to Utd is cringeworthy, Baines would be in a Utd shirt for the past 2 seasons if people believed what the papers (without quotes) say. Lets just enjoy the season as the facts are there to see Barkley will still be here come the end of the season and if and when he decides to move on we would get a massive fee (providing we are smart and give him regular contract extensions ala suarez.) Just stop panicking ffs!

We just sold a player (Fellaini) for £27m. After selling Rodwell for £12m, Arteta for £10m, Lescott for £22m, Rooney for £25.6m...

When does the sales of star players at Everton stop? You can keep on selling players with the promise of jam tomorrow, we've done that for years. It's about time we kept someone and we're in a prime position to do that.

Anyway, as I posted earlier, there's zero chance of him being sold for multiple reasons, regardless of the fee offered. We're in a different position now than when all those other sales happened, both form/position wise, and also financially too.

Totally different clubs/situations. They didn't have a star player that came through their academy, that the fans loved, that they then flogged for telephone money and spent said money on 5-6 new players. Spurs did (okay Bale didn't came through their academy but they had him at 17), they are the exact example of what you appear to be suggesting we should possibly do.

City and Chelsea have multiple major stars and haven't used the proceeds from the sale of one particular player to bankroll multiple other signings. Both clubs are bankrolled by billionaires.

know what your saying mate but my point still stands big money to spend is still big money regardless off an oil baron or the £60 mil+ sale of a player, its irrelevant that Spurs spent their money badly. Regardless though Barkley will still be here next season the club know the more developed and better he becomes the higher his price tag rises with the help of the media pushing him as the next England saviour) He will either stay loyal and do a gerrard and be a 1 club man or he will stay 2-4 seasons and then make a big money move that will benefit both parties, either way he wont be sold before that maximised price tag is met hence Martinez mentioning Bales price tag.

...none of us are naïve when it comes to Barkley. If he progresses as expected, his suitors will be at the very top table. Saying that, I really don't think he'll be going anywhere soon, at least not if its down to him. I expected it with Rooney, but I don't get the same impression with this lad. Also, I can't see Man Utd as his destination. If he failed to hit the ground running there would be enormous pressure on him and Moyes. It would be a massive gamble and potential catastrophe for them both.

Barkley is going to be the key to our success in the next few years. He still have to refine a bit but saying he doesn't practice free kicks well that says it all really. Nectar from the Gods his kind doesn't arrive at a club very often but when it does it raises the whole team with a can do attitude. Including the emergence of our buccaneer Mr. Coleman.

Unfortunately he's been not improving for half a season. Don't see him go anywhere unless he got more meaningful end product. A Zero assist at this time of the season is simply unacceptable, even if he can score the occasional goal.

Otherwise his future must lie on the wings, and not at the centre.

My dude. You are either supremely confident, high or simply lost your motherfokkin mind.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ross-barkley-should-not-join-6456336

This article sums up the sense of entitlement United fans have. It includes such gems as:

David Moyes, his manager at Goodison Park, will say that his management of Barkley helped his rise, that the odd game for Everton and the experience in the Championship helped him make the breakthrough this season.

Barkley might feel he needs a new challenge or that Everton can't match his ambition to win things, be it the Premier League or even the Champions League. If and when that time comes, he may well consider an offer from Old Trafford.

This man gets paid to write this.

Last edited:
Journalists have the easiest job in the world, they can write about any old ****e and it gets published.

If he felt like a new challenge because we couldn't match his ambitions why on earth would he join a club sitting in 6th and also on the decline.

Clowns.

Status
Not open for further replies.