Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

How good was his goal today!!!? Been a bit overshadowed by Coleman's sublime strike. It's great to see players scoring for us with such fantastic technique :)

He was just sensational today.

I vacated my usual seat in the Upper Gwladys yesterday and took my eldest lad to his 1st game and sat in the Family Enclosure. Right next to our bench. I could literally hear every word that Martinez said yesterday (and what a beautiful experience it was).

Anyway the reason for mentioning this was that pretty much all of what he said was encouraging players - particularly the likes of Stones, McCarthy and Coleman. Barkley, however, was the one player that Martinez seemed to be getting on the back of. Shouted at him a number of times for not being high enough up the pitch whilst we were in possession and when he was substituted near the end there appeared to brief words exchanged between the pair.

Anyway, thought he did alright yesterday but not as good as Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, McCarthy or Oviedo

Good.

Barkley is not the finished product at all....he's very good for his age, but he has a lot of work ahead of him to become the player he can be. If Bobby is riding him a bit, that's a good sign.

Bags and bags of talent oozing from him...can't wait to see the finished product.

While it was good to see Jelavic desperate to take that free kick and penalty yesterday to get his hat trick, you knew that Barkley would have been a better bet. Barkley needs to demand to take more set pieces - even when Baines is playing.

I vacated my usual seat in the Upper Gwladys yesterday and took my eldest lad to his 1st game and sat in the Family Enclosure. Right next to our bench. I could literally hear every word that Martinez said yesterday (and what a beautiful experience it was).

Anyway the reason for mentioning this was that pretty much all of what he said was encouraging players - particularly the likes of Stones, McCarthy and Coleman. Barkley, however, was the one player that Martinez seemed to be getting on the back of. Shouted at him a number of times for not being high enough up the pitch whilst we were in possession and when he was substituted near the end there appeared to brief words exchanged between the pair.

Anyway, thought he did alright yesterday but not as good as Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, McCarthy or Oviedo

Possibly because he knows just how good the lad is and expects more from him than the others mentioned. Or maybe he just knows which players respond better to a pat on the back and which ones are better off with a kick up the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.