Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrott and stick approach from Bobby.

Its not like Barkley hasn't been praised enough. Sometimes he'll need motivating too

I vacated my usual seat in the Upper Gwladys yesterday and took my eldest lad to his 1st game and sat in the Family Enclosure. Right next to our bench. I could literally hear every word that Martinez said yesterday (and what a beautiful experience it was).

Anyway the reason for mentioning this was that pretty much all of what he said was encouraging players - particularly the likes of Stones, McCarthy and Coleman. Barkley, however, was the one player that Martinez seemed to be getting on the back of. Shouted at him a number of times for not being high enough up the pitch whilst we were in possession and when he was substituted near the end there appeared to brief words exchanged between the pair.

Anyway, thought he did alright yesterday but not as good as Coleman, Stones, Alcaraz, McCarthy or Oviedo

Nice! I would have been buzzing. Cheers for posting that, mate.

Possibly because he knows just how good the lad is and expects more from him than the others mentioned. Or maybe he just knows which players respond better to a pat on the back and which ones are better off with a kick up the arse.

This. He knows Ross is a world class talent and he wants him to know it too, so he dominates the opposition every week. Ross seems like a strong minded young lad and can take the criticism, and use it to improve himself. Other players may take the criticism to heart and shy away from the game a little.

Just an idea I had. I noticed his goal last night was from cutting in from the left. Maybe if he did it more often he would have a bit more goal threat?

Think what Martinez has done is let the lads confidence build to such a degree now he can start to criticize him and he will take it on board rather than feel pressured/get down about it, perfect man management skills by RM

Can't believe I'm gonna post this because I hate this kind of thing but it's from someone who I trust.

A guy I know was at a gym in Liverpool and got talking to a lad, who happened to be Cole Stocktons brother, Cole Stockton plays for Tranmere and used to be at Everton and is Ross' mate, anyway according to this lad Ross gets angry at his mates who suggest he will be playing for Utd, apparently he's not interested in moving anywhere, he loves Everton too much.

He also went onto say that Ross will never play for Moyes again, he hates him and has never forgiven him for sending him to Sheffield last season, it broke his heart.

Only reason I'm posting it is because it cheered me up, even if it's not true it's nice to think it is eh!!

Can't believe I'm gonna post this because I hate this kind of thing but it's from someone who I trust.

A guy I know was at a gym in Liverpool and got talking to a lad, who happened to be Cole Stocktons brother, Cole Stockton plays for Tranmere and used to be at Everton and is Ross' mate, anyway according to this lad Ross gets angry at his mates who suggest he will be playing for Utd, apparently he's not interested in moving anywhere, he loves Everton too much.

He also went onto say that Ross will never play for Moyes again, he hates him and has never forgiven him for sending him to Sheffield last season, it broke his heart.

Only reason I'm posting it is because it cheered me up, even if it's not true it's nice to think it is eh!!
probably similar thoughts myself has when imagining what i'd do with the money right before the lottery numbers are actually drawn. no reason to hope for the best mate.

probably similar thoughts myself has when imagining what i'd do with the money right before the lottery numbers are actually drawn. no reason to hope for the best mate.

haha, I know it is hoping for the best, we all know if a high enough bid comes he won't have a choice but still i'd fecking love him to spend his career here.

Seems its now cool to say he's overrated. Just reading comments on youtube from non Evertonians, everyone saying he's nothing special and only hyped cause he's English and how he's worth £5-10 mill max.

So many clueless muppets watch this sport, tis depressing.

Seems its now cool to say he's overrated. Just reading comments on youtube from non Evertonians, everyone saying he's nothing special and only hyped cause he's English and how he's worth £5-10 mill max.

And Evertonians say the same about other teams players, the likes of Wilshire and Januzaj.

Just the way football fans are really.

Really ? I don't think i've seen people say either of them are overrated, i certainly rate them both as huge talents as does everyone i know.

Dont let it bother you pal, think its called jealousy.

Really ? I don't think i've seen people say either of them are overrated, i certainly rate them both as huge talents as does everyone i know.

Wilshere is over rated though. He's just a glossed up, slightly more knobbish Cleverly imo. Still can be a good player, but hes not what ive seen him touted as thats for sure.

sadly I would say about 70% off football fans are clueless who only base their opinions off the media, the other 30% make up the fans of the clubs outside of the top 3/4 in every league who attract the glory hunters.

The worst are the clown Utd/RS fans from Asia/India you read on the comments section of newspapers who come out with ****e like "everton small club we buy barkley" absolute clueless belters

Status
Not open for further replies.