Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedfordshiretoffee

Player Valuation: £1.5m
We were awful yesterday, even allowing for Stoke's dismal tactics and contribution. When the ref added seven minutes at the end, I thought it didn't matter, we would not have scoredif he had put on another 70.
The game was crying out for a young, fearless pup to run down the middle....once again Ross Barkley was left on the bench. The rumblings have begun about his contract. How do you think he feels knowing we are a crap team- and he can't get in it? I would be off

Most games this season have been crying out for a skillful 17 year old, someone who can switch play, strike a ball from distance and has no fear.

I know what will be going through his head:
Get me the [Poor language removed] out of here.

'I've got the sharpest haircut in the history of mankind.'

But probably something like 'why the **** are Bily and Straq on the pitch when we're 1-0 down against Stoke and crying out for a player who'll hit a long range shot a la me?'

Does my head in, he could be 12 for all I care - if he deserves to be on the pitch he should be regardless of age.

They are coaching the young pup that is scared of no man out of him, already we have seen him come on and not be the player that we first saw, they are instilling a fear of making a mistake into him and when he does appear it's all sideways and backwards.

SOMEONE is gonna ruin the lad.

I would rather have seen us lose yesterday with him on the field having a go and getting some experience. I can't remember us having a proper shot on target or keeper having to make a save.. . we were never going to score

Moyes isn't playing barkley because he wants him to turn 18 and sign a professional contract first. He turns 18 this month and will feature more regularly when he does. You saw how much interest was drummed in when he made a few cameo appearances earlier this season, if he played recently and scored a few goals that would have pretty much meant him being shipped off to a bigger team

Moyes isn't playing barkley because he wants him to turn 18 and sign a professional contract first. He turns 18 this month and will feature more regularly when he does. You saw how much interest was drummed in when he made a few cameo appearances earlier this season, if he played recently and scored a few goals that would have pretty much meant him being shipped off to a bigger team

I really hope this is true.

However, contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, so i honestly don't think it would matter that much.

The Man City owners could throw unlimited cash at Ross.

Thats how football is these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.