Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Barkley/Utd stuff is tedious.

There is not a chance in hell that Everton would sell Barkley in January. Especially as we are very clearly in the hunt for at least a Champions League place. Everton as a club is trading on the feelgood factor at the moment. That would immediately evaporate if the club flogged Barkley. It's just simply not going to happen, and whether the source of the story itself is sheer ignorance on the part of those unconnected to Everton, or whether it is the famous Utd PR machine at work trying to convince/placate Utd fans that Moyes and Utd are trying to improve, or whether it is even Barkley's agent trying to get the best deal possible for Ross, which is their wont (it is an open secret at Everton that Barkley & his agent are in advanced talks over a new 5 year deal worth £60k a week), it's simply traditional newspaper bluster ahead of the January window. They're looking for the next big story, and in classic tabloid journo style, are simply casting bait in lots of place in case there are any bites, in which case they can then pretend to be Nostradamus-like John Pilger-esque geniuses.

This Barkley/Utd stuff is tedious.

There is not a chance in hell that Everton would sell Barkley in January. Especially as we are very clearly in the hunt for at least a Champions League place. Everton as a club is trading on the feelgood factor at the moment. That would immediately evaporate if the club flogged Barkley. It's just simply not going to happen, and whether the source of the story itself is sheer ignorance on the part of those unconnected to Everton, or whether it is the famous Utd PR machine at work trying to convince/placate Utd fans that Moyes and Utd are trying to improve, or whether it is even Barkley's agent trying to get the best deal possible for Ross, which is their wont (it is an open secret at Everton that Barkley & his agent are in advanced talks over a new 5 year deal worth £60k a week), it's simply traditional newspaper bluster ahead of the January window. They're looking for the next big story, and in classic tabloid journo style, are simply casting bait in lots of place in case there are any bites, in which case they can then pretend to be Nostradamus-like John Pilger-esque geniuses.

Good post.

people have this idea that he will stay at us until he retires. silly people

We've got every chance of being in the Champions League consistently with him here, so you never know. Unlikely. But he'll still be here a good few years yet, not worrying at all, just enjoying him.

I was asked by a mate in work if Man U did bid £50m up front, would I want us to accept. I said no. Not because I think Barkley is already a £50mil player, far from it. I think his form this season has been up and down, and while he has shown great potential and already won us points this season, it's still only half a season and he has a long way to go to really live up to his hype and billing.

The reason I said no is being able to bring in £50m worth of players would not undo the damage that selling a star asset mid-way through the season, when we're playing as we our with the optimism around the place, would do. You can't buy that sort of hope or feel-good factor.

It's that same argument that I use as to why I wouldn't sell Baines for anything either. There are somethings money can't buy, especially when it's a finite amount.

don't get why people even worry, if he stays great if not we'll get a massive fee for him that can bring in 4-5 quality players for theh squad. He wont be going anywhere right now Kenwrights a clown but even he knows once fully developed Barkley will be an £70-80 million player, he wont be worth it same as Bale wasn't, but the media desperate for the next English superstar/hero will catipulte him towards that same as they did minus the English with Bale. He's been talked about for £50 million now which he isn't worth so keep him and if he wants to go in 2-4 seasons time get a massive fee for him, if not keep him.

MANCHESTER EVENING NEWS: Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is at the top of David Moyes' New Year wish list.

Given the way he plays and his age, he'll be the top of most managers New Year wish list. Doesn't mean he's going anywhere anytime soon.

End of the day Utd could buy better for less as it stands

he wont go mate its a complete non story, he isn't fully developed, he isn't guaranteed game time there, he has stated he's happy here and the club know if they keep him even for another 2 seasons he will be pushed by the media for around £60 mil+. The club aint stupid they will maximise any potential sale profit from him if he ever left they wont let him leave now.

To put it bluntly it would be like Southampton letting bale go for £10 mil then seeing him mature and become the £86 million player, Kenwright will be aware of that and wont let him go any time soon

Status
Not open for further replies.