Gibson and Trapp

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gibson had stayed at Utd and wasn't getting a game then there is no reason why he should be picked,but if Gibson were playing for Utd every week(as he was foe Everton ) there would have been outrage in the media if Andrews and Whelan were picked ahead of him.
Because he played for Everton there was no outrage...but there should have been.

you can't compare the situation to the england squad, where there is tons of competition at every position. gibson is a head and shoulders above anyone else who's played in that position. at club, if your manager is not playing you because he doesn't like something about you unrelated to your football, you either work it out or move on. neither of those are options for international play, so Gibson is choosing not to play.

I didn't have a problem with van nistelrooy when he did it so your point about him being our player instead of a player at man united falls flat.

its a protest, and if other players get behind it maybe the FAI will pull their heads out of their asses and fire him

ye thats going to happen.seriosuly deluded.
mcclean never got straight into the team when he was one of the on form players in the premier league last season, you take it on the chin as most professionals do,

this is international nothing to do with everton but you cant bring yourself to say the truth because he plays for us,

If gibson was dropped from our team and then started to have a go at moyes would you still be saying he is right then,

as an irish man disappointed not to see gibson playin for us but i can understand his logic. seeing likes of paul green gettin in ahead of him was ridicolus. trap is gone past it and needs to go. for fidays game he looks like startin simon cox a championship striker in front of james mcclean on the wing and startin robbbie keane and jon walters up front instead of shane long... he will not change his thinkin and we will continue to suffer

as an irish man disappointed not to see gibson playin for us but i can understand his logic. seeing likes of paul green gettin in ahead of him was ridicolus. trap is gone past it and needs to go. for fidays game he looks like startin simon cox a championship striker in front of james mcclean on the wing and startin robbbie keane and jon walters up front instead of shane long... he will not change his thinkin and we will continue to suffer
I thihk McClean is suffering some sort of Virus so thats why he might not start

If Gibson had stayed at Utd and wasn't getting a game then there is no reason why he should be picked,but if Gibson were playing for Utd every week(as he was foe Everton ) there would have been outrage in the media if Andrews and Whelan were picked ahead of him.
Because he played for Everton there was no outrage...but there should have been.

wrong answer you take it on the chin, from 2006 until he got injured arteta was one of the stand out players in the league, even when spain had key injuries he never got picked, so you take it on the chin and get on with it,

Its funny after spending so long on the bench and not getting chances for united, he never had a go at ferguson wonder why, But he sees trapatonni having a tough time and sticks the knife in his back.
I would love to see him say something to moyes if a similar situation arose here

Trappatoni is a curmudgeon and doesn't rate or want creativity. He craves sub-par players and lauds his favourites into the team all the time, ahead of more gifted and deserving players, despite saying the opposite all the time in the media.

That Coleman never even made the squad for the Euros and his refusal to play McClean in them are the ultimate examplse (along with picking Paul McShane ahead of Coleman defensively too!) I understand him not wanting to bow to public pressure at a whim but it got to a stage where it just got ridiculously obvious something needed to be done but he wouldn't budge.

In his response to Gibson's comments, Trappatoni said roughly that Ireland could easily cope if Gibson continued his self-imposed exile, and that we (am Irish) had Meyler, Whelan and Andrews, amongst others, to step in.

Anyone who considers David Meyler even as an adequate back up to Gibson is an absolute git. As for Keith Andrews, the fact that even his own fans, when he was at Blackburn, wanted him out speaks wonders. I won't even comment on Glen Whelan, suffice to say that the words 'pass forward' don't compute with his abilities. Andrews and Whelan are possibly the most negative thinking central midfield partnership we have ever had.

A word of advice I would offer Darron is, although I do agree with his principles, he needs to play this correctly. The media are fickle and the Irish footballing public are often easily led. There is the chance that they will begin to portray him all Stephen Irelandy (although thats a completely different situation, its often easier for the media to be lazy as you know). If that is going to happen then it maybe better to gracefully re-enter the fray rather than becoming seen as behaving overly self-important.

There are people questioning his correctness in refusing to play because he wasn't picked. Normally I would say thats sour grapes on behalf of a selfish player, except for one major difference here, the glaring and proven failure of our midfield in the Euros, as a creative force amongst other things, backed up and agreed on by everyone else, except the Irish management team.

We never thought we were going to win the tournament but the lack of ideas and the negativity was obvious. Something needed to change, and in typical Irish style, be it sport, politics or business, it seems nothing has and we will keep going round in circles.

Trappatoni is a curmudgeon and doesn't rate or want creativity. He craves sub-par players and lauds his favourites into the team all the time, ahead of more gifted and deserving players, despite saying the opposite all the time in the media.

That Coleman never even made the squad for the Euros and his refusal to play McClean in them are the ultimate examplse (along with picking Paul McShane ahead of Coleman defensively too!) I understand him not wanting to bow to public pressure at a whim but it got to a stage where it just got ridiculously obvious something needed to be done but he wouldn't budge.

In his response to Gibson's comments, Trappatoni said roughly that Ireland could easily cope if Gibson continued his self-imposed exile, and that we (am Irish) had Meyler, Whelan and Andrews, amongst others, to step in.

Anyone who considers David Meyler even as an adequate back up to Gibson is an absolute git. As for Keith Andrews, the fact that even his own fans, when he was at Blackburn, wanted him out speaks wonders. I won't even comment on Glen Whelan, suffice to say that the words 'pass forward' don't compute with his abilities. Andrews and Whelan are possibly the most negative thinking central midfield partnership we have ever had.

A word of advice I would offer Darron is, although I do agree with his principles, he needs to play this correctly. The media are fickle and the Irish footballing public are often easily led. There is the chance that they will begin to portray him all Stephen Irelandy (although thats a completely different situation, its often easier for the media to be lazy as you know). If that is going to happen then it maybe better to gracefully re-enter the fray rather than becoming seen as behaving overly self-important.

There are people questioning his correctness in refusing to play because he wasn't picked. Normally I would say thats sour grapes on behalf of a selfish player, except for one major difference here, the glaring and proven failure of our midfield in the Euros, as a creative force amongst other things, backed up and agreed on by everyone else, except the Irish management team.

We never thought we were going to win the tournament but the lack of ideas and the negativity was obvious. Something needed to change, and in typical Irish style, be it sport, politics or business, it seems nothing has and we will keep going round in circles.

I agree with all of that.

Great player and a great loss to his homeland, Northern Ireland. Love EvertonFC, love Darron for Everton but he got what he deserved when he changed his allegiance, pity he can not return to the fold. Duffy too, but his opt to ROI probably saved his life, so, whilst a shame he also changed allegiance, great to see him still on this world. Would have been two greats for our wee country.

Back to my point on monday. With andrews and others out this was a definite chance for Gibbo to play and not pull the plug before the injury
Sorry PaulBelfast but when "supporters" of "his Homeland" threaten lives of a footballert because of the community he comes from, did Gibson and Duffy have a choice

Trap is the same as Capello a one trick pony, can I say"pony and trap"?

Well I have - so flange.

The point is they've been blessed at working at top clubs with top players as soon as the dead wood Ireland and England have as players turn up the myth of "super coach" reveals itself as defensive pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.