6 + 2 Point Deductions

Having listened live, I thought the small club thing was essentially repeating what the panel member said in their question? Not defending his general demeanour and the rest of the things he said, but that clip is badly out of context. It was prompted, and he stupidly repeated it
I don't think it was at all and clearly revealed his true thoughts... there is the 'big 6' and the other 14.

I think the 'big 6' have far to much control over him and what happens in the league

You are like a toddler who has been asked to behave in a reasonable manner and who resorts to throwing all of his toys out of the pram.

All that has happened with the board is that Moshiri has got rid of the people who wouldn't go along with his farcical defence in the PSR case and replaced them with people who will. People have just been promoted from within.

What the hell are you on about? Can you elaborate on this please?

It isn't to do with Stadium spending though. Even if you allow the interest for none Stadium spending to be written off as a PSR deduction we would still have failed PSR and would be facing a points deduction. Why are so many people falling for the board's lies and spin?

Why are people pretending this is a technical accounting decision? Even with Stadium interest and the transfer levy we still fail PSR, we would still get a points deduction.

The board deliberately chose not to stay within PSR to allow us to continue to spend beyond our means with the intention of giving us the best chance of staying up. The club and the fans are now suffering because of terrible decisions made by the board. Even after failing once and having from December 2022 until summer 2023 to rectify things the board still didn't make simple adjustments that would have allowed us to stay inside PSR.

The board has been arrogant and stupid. We are now facing two points penalties and are on the brink of administration because of actions taken by the board. This isn't corruption by the Premier League this is wilful ineptitude and mismanagement on a grand scale by Moshiri and his lackeys on the board.

You could just about make a case for ignoring PSR and building a quality squad that would improve income from being more successful on the pitch. Instead, Moshiri pissed away hundreds of millions of pounds, has left the club in a billion pounds of debt, with a truly terrible squad and facing down the barrel of two points deductions and near-certain administration.

Yet pointing out this renders you wide open to insults and accusations of supporting another team.

The majority of supporters on here are reminiscent of the supporters of a criminal who kept getting away with it and became more brazen. Instead of taking heed of a succession of near misses and changing course. They finally get caught and then blame those holding them to account as corrupt.

Let's be honest here the board could have easily ensured we passed PSR, especially the second time but they chose not to and are now bleating about the consequences of their actions. The initial defence was cringeworthy and reminiscent of a 8-year-olds excuses for not handing in their homework.

The club. The fans and the likes of Dyche deserve much better. However, things will never improve until we accept the failures of the board and move on. This is a disaster decades in the making and the idiots looking for scapegoats and piling in on any poster who calls it like it is deserve a huge portion of the blame.

So how about instead of throwing insults around like hand grenades and accusing posters of supporting another team how about debating the points raised. Or is it easier to post a middle finger emoji and then watch the club go under.

The club needs action now. The only chance we have is to grow up stop blaming everyone else and get rid of the Board. Not to shout corruption and pretend there is a grand conspiracy.

I understand that it is the board ineptitude, and incapability of recognising the issues arising and acting accordingly. But I also believe that had we not been building a stadium, we would not be in this position. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

There are mitigation that have not been taken into consideration and I do believe that our club should not suffer more or less due to those world events. Yes there is the Covid addbacks, but lets not forget that these were all checked and passed by external organisations. It was pulled up on by a number of clubs and ratified, so I'm not sure that is an argument that can hold water when talking about us 'getting away with it'.

I do think that there is a level of unwillingness to accept any responsibility on behalf of the board, but in their defence, many of these same people have been trying to state the case for removing the board for a few years.

Its really difficult to make judgements on the most recent breach until we understand numbers, but what we do know from the first is that Everton believed themselves to be on the right side of it at their initial PSR presentation, it was only after flat out refusal to accept that by the PL board that we had to accept that with those things not considered, we have breached. Hence working alongside them.

The most recent charge could be really telling as dependant on the appeal, that could be quashed entirely with no case to answer, but, if it is STILL over the threshold then there are serious questions that need to be answered as I have no idea how we would get there with our visible spending over the last few years, certainly throughout the period we are now being judged.

As an aside, and I realise that the comments were not aimed specifically at me, but you may remember a while ago that I said I am really, really bored of the whole 'RS' shouts to all who don't agree with the general consensus. I'd genuinely just knock it on the head if it was aimed so regularly at me. What that does though is expedite the creation of an echo chamber.

I believe that this is considered "sensitive" information and I guess it is protecting city interests to some degree as they could still be proven innocent once the process has completed after the hearing. If it was public knowledge he could damage prospects for city for example in competing for players, sponsorships, etc...

Has any of the City case actually progressed to be heard at a UK Court yet, or is it still just a Prem League hearing?

If its the latter then I dont see why they cant announce the date (prescedent already set with the Everton case).

Its not as if any of it is in the public domain anyway until they announce any findings/penalties.

I understand that it is the board ineptitude, and incapability of recognising the issues arising and acting accordingly. But I also believe that had we not been building a stadium, we would not be in this position. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

There are mitigation that have not been taken into consideration and I do believe that our club should not suffer more or less due to those world events. Yes there is the Covid addbacks, but lets not forget that these were all checked and passed by external organisations. It was pulled up on by a number of clubs and ratified, so I'm not sure that is an argument that can hold water when talking about us 'getting away with it'.

I do think that there is a level of unwillingness to accept any responsibility on behalf of the board, but in their defence, many of these same people have been trying to state the case for removing the board for a few years.

Its really difficult to make judgements on the most recent breach until we understand numbers, but what we do know from the first is that Everton believed themselves to be on the right side of it at their initial PSR presentation, it was only after flat out refusal to accept that by the PL board that we had to accept that with those things not considered, we have breached. Hence working alongside them.

The most recent charge could be really telling as dependant on the appeal, that could be quashed entirely with no case to answer, but, if it is STILL over the threshold then there are serious questions that need to be answered as I have no idea how we would get there with our visible spending over the last few years, certainly throughout the period we are now being judged.

As an aside, and I realise that the comments were not aimed specifically at me, but you may remember a while ago that I said I am really, really bored of the whole 'RS' shouts to all who don't agree with the general consensus. I'd genuinely just knock it on the head if it was aimed so regularly at me. What that does though is expedite the creation of an echo chamber.
Should be one of the main arguments at the appeal..... Any pre planning costs should have been allowed to be written off and back dated against P&S once the stadium became probable.. If they keep these rules in place nobody will be able to build a new stadium ever again, 40 million spent before planning counting against P&S is a joke and double the 19.5 we were punished over.

Having listened live, I thought the small club thing was essentially repeating what the panel member said in their question? Not defending his general demeanour and the rest of the things he said, but that clip is badly out of context. It was prompted, and he stupidly repeated it
He’s made a pretty silly comms faux pas by not using “so-called” or air quotes or whatever and allowed a clippable moment.

He’s probably not clever enough to have planned it but it’s probably a useful dead cat for him. Less focus on the car crash he’s made of the important stuff and more on the tedious age-old small club / big club debate.

Should be one of the main arguments at the appeal..... Any pre planning costs should have been allowed to be written off and back dated against P&S once the stadium became probable.. If they keep these rules in place nobody will be able to build a new stadium ever again, 40 million spent before planning counting against P&S is a joke and double the 19.5 we were punished over.

In my opinion, the lease agreement on the land, signed in Nov '17 should be taken as the first point of allowable addbacks. That moment was a clear intent to proceed. What they are trying to do is allow a club to spend a fortune and claim addback for exploratory work, as that could really allow clubs to hide plenty.

For PSR they should maybe say that addbacks are allowed on all infrastructure spend from the moment the PL are notified of intent, with a clause that if not realised within a period, or PP approved, then it will be removed from calculations and action taken accordingly in whichever period the timeframe elapses.

The rules / any finace rules will not be fair, unless its done like in the NFL - BUt the top 6 will never ever ever let that happen.

% of income is not fair - As some of the top 6 teams got to those incomes before rules where applied, so gained an advantage.

For me, a MAX spend for Transfers & wages combined is the way to go.
How a club spends it on the fee / wage split, is upto them.
Any over spend punishment will be a % in drop on the following years spending - Futher over spend is refusal to register new players for a period of time.
Other punishmensts should be direct fines for CEO's, major shareholders and/or directors.
Profit on player sales CAN be added to the MAX amount that can be spent.

This for me will really show who has the best scouting, recruitment & coaching/dev teams set up.

Last edited: