2022/23 James Garner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he wouldn't play them, he's already done it, I just think in a 442 it's suicide.

He also needs to be given at least 2 more strikers if he wants to play that formation.
So where, given that you appear to believe he WILL play both, do they play?

That is relevant to the Garner situation.

Gana is still capable of the great intervention, great tackle, occasionally the great game. He was massive on Sunday. But I think the best is behind him. He has nous but not discipline, one of the reasons we get shredded on the counter so easily is he goes freelancing and sometimes there's a massive hole in the middle of the park where he's supposed to be.

And although he can be an essential player just on his defensive contributions, it's hard on a side like us to have a midfielder with such little ability to score. Just by being central he ends up in decent shooting positions but he simply cannot do anything except hit it twenty rows over the crossbar.

I'd love bringing him on at the sixty- or seventy-minute-mark when we're looking to preserve a lead or a result away.

Except for the two good saves he forced off the Bournemouth keeper in the last game.

So where, given you appear to believe he WILL play both, do they play?

That is relevant to the Garner situation.

Well, firstly I'll add this is really hard to do before we make transfers but I think he'll just do what he's done so far:

Gana with Garner or Onana then Doucoure playing off a striker. Garner playing RWB/RM was just because we had no fit full-backs - I don't see it as something Dyche actually wants to do.

Looking at what we have in terms of players and who we are able to bring in doesn’t fill me with confidence that we will finish in the top half. I think Dyche is going to have to get a style of play that suits the players we have, probably making us more defensive and harder to beat. What is essential is that we get DCL fit or buy someone who can take his place. If we can add a few goals when we avoid a relegation fight. My biggest concern is that if the current decision makers remain at the club then they will continue to make bad choices and they will see us relegated.

I'm not sure why you think 79% pass completion is a good stat Dave lol

Doucoure even has passing listed as a weakness on that site you linked.
I dont. I'm making the obvious point that Doucoure's 79% and Garner's 80% aren't that different AND worse than Gueye's pass completion rate.

So that theory about the necessity for Garner for passing in midfield doesn't fly, does it?

Well, firstly I'll add this is really hard to do before we make transfers but I think he'll just do what he's done so far:

Gana with Garner or Onana then Doucoure playing off a striker. Garner playing RWB/RM was just because we had no fit full-backs - I don't see it as something Dyche actually wants to do.

Doucoure playing off a striker is the only way Garner gets into MF.

We're going round in circles.

The point here is what will Dyche likely do.

That's my question.

No he never. He just pointed out how bad of a midfield for passing Doucoure & Gana would be (which it would). He never mentioned Garner.
The reference point was always Garner not going into MF. He stated if that were the case we'd be worse off with passing with Doucoure and Gueye in there.

I provided data to underline how that wouldn't necessarily be the case.

The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.