Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Times are changing the guard. Brentford, Brighton are now in place for the long term we have loosing luster for some time.
I wouldn't think they are there for the long-term.
It's the organically self-sustaining and financially doped clubs that make up the top seven, if you want to call it that.
Anything immediately below that is based on good management, if you're Brighton or Brentford.
They are probably at the apex of where they can get to. They'll lose key figures to other clubs, and some of their signings won't work out.
That will happen.

Whilst things are sobering for us, it isn't a huge leap to either mid-table mediocrity or a little above it.
It's sustaining it and pushing on that requires big money and all that goes with it.

Teams have cycles and placings can vary, we are lucky so far that a big dip for us hasn't resulted in relegation.
We have to take advantage of that fact and try to put ourselves on a stable footing, and then make progress that isn't built on sand.

I wouldn't think they are there for the long-term.
It's the organically self-sustaining and financially doped clubs that make up the top seven, if you want to call it that.

Whilst things are sobering for us, it isn't a huge leap to either mid-table mediocrity or a little above it.
It's sustaining it and pushing on that requires big money and all that goes with it.

Teams have cycles and placings can vary, we are lucky so far that a big dip for us hasn't resulted in relgation.
We have to take advantage of that fact and try to put ourselves on a stable footing, and then make progress that isn't built on sand.
Well said. History suggests such. We need a boost to regain our status back.

Oh yeah

He fulfilled his remit no doubt, and he will have been compensated generously for doing so
Nothing wrong with that. I don't begrudge Ancelotti his enormous wages. It was clear enough that he earned them, given the points we earned while he was here versus the before and after.

If Dyche doesn't produce results significantly better than Lampard's next season, (ie: comfortably above the zone and pushing towards midtable), many will be on about his wages. 21 from 18 is solid given the goal-challenged squad he was handed, so for now he deserves credit.

Times are changing the guard. Brentford, Brighton are now in place for the long term we have loosing luster for some time.
That may not be true at all. Brighton are about to lose one and possibly two of their best players and their manager faces a more challenging second season in the premiership.
Brentford had a good season but have lost their main striker for next season .

We have all seen clubs come and go if they don't have the financial muscle to sustain long term growth.

I looked at the Leicester squad and expected them to put a run together at some point. Thankfully I was wrong and they left it way too late. 4 in the last 2 was a good return, but we matched it, and they had imploded in the month prior to the last fortnight

I still think they are, at least on paper, one of the most talented sets of players to go down in a long time. For them to only get 34 points is a massive surprise. But the table is the table.

I looked at the Leicester squad and expected them to put a run together at some point. Thankfully I was wrong and they left it way too late. 4 in the last 2 was a good return, but we matched it, and they had imploded in the month prior to the last fortnight

I still think they are, at least on paper, one of the most talented sets of players to go down in a long time. For them to only get 34 points is a massive surprise. But the table is the table.
When we lost to them 0-2 at Goodison this season and if someone would have said 1 of the two would be relegated at the end of the season, I wouldn’t have asked who.

That may not be true at all. Brighton are about to lose one and possibly two of their best players and their manager faces a more challenging second season in the premiership.

We have all seen clubs come and go if they don't have the financial muscle to sustain long term growth.
Very possible. They have a complete team that should last a few more years yet.

Definitely one of the most talented squads yes. It just shows though what poor leadership of the pitch and management can have negative effect on the players. Seen it with us, Leeds and Leicester. Southampton too with sticking with a manager far too long who was obviously done.

Look at our results over the last 4 or so seasons. I’ve not checked but pretty certain we’ve picked up more points towards the end apart from the Covid season
Come on m8, it's a lovely Bank Holiday, we've just survived another season, and goodison will end it's glorious days in the premiership.

Take a breather, chill out and just enjoy the weather for the day.... ☀️

Their issue, a bit like West Ham are while ago, and to a degree us in 93/4 was that they were weak defensively, and completely unbalanced. Poor goalkeeper, poor CB's and midfielders who didn't want to make the game tough.

For most of the season people said they were too good to go down. I remember saying they weren't. The concept doesn't exist. If you can't keep clean sheets, you are going to struggle in the league.

Brighton lost Bissouma and Cucurella last season and still did alright. No guarantees they can keep going to the well, but their succession planning seems sound so I think they’ll still do well next season

Status
Not open for further replies.