Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the Leicester squad and expected them to put a run together at some point. Thankfully I was wrong and they left it way too late. 4 in the last 2 was a good return, but we matched it, and they had imploded in the month prior to the last fortnight

I still think they are, at least on paper, one of the most talented sets of players to go down in a long time. For them to only get 34 points is a massive surprise. But the table is the table.
Yes their fans have been badly let down

The league is getting weaker with each season IMO

Look at the teams in the prem next season

Bournemouth
Forest
Luton
Sheff Utd
Burnley
Palace
Fulham

All of them are relegation fodder in fact anyone team from about 9th down could be relegated.
Just look at the points difference between 1st & 10th and it sums up how stupid the premiership has become.

You could of stayed up on the difference !!!

Bournemouth. Wolves and Sheff United for me. Nailed on.

Can't believe you all cancelled my thread on this.

They did win a title and an fa cup, so it's not been the worst few years for them.
Hehe they also embarrassed themselves with rattles like it's 1971. And they really need to drop that You're sh*t chant at the keeper like they're at a non-league reserve game.

Still adapting to the idea we have another year in the prem. Our squad and manager were just about good enough to get ahead of Leeds and Southampton but I think we were pretty lucky that Leicester were in even more of a mess than us.

Don't mind if we continue with Dyche but want to see plenty of change above and around him - especially on the board.

Their issue, a bit like West Ham are while ago, and to a degree us in 93/4 was that they were weak defensively, and completely unbalanced. Poor goalkeeper, poor CB's and midfielders who didn't want to make the game tough.

For most of the season people said they were too good to go down. I remember saying they weren't. The concept doesn't exist. If you can't keep clean sheets, you are going to struggle in the league.
A cowardly team who had a cowardly manager with meek cowardly fans. Once they were in it they didn't have the stones to get back out

Thank god we stayed up! Imagine not having Prem income with potentially the likes of Gana/Dele/Gomes being around top earners, all staying put on their ~£100k a week contracts. Bullet dodged.

Status
Not open for further replies.