Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche does deserve his share of the credit

He made some odd tactical and personnel decisions at times (Keane over Mina, Maupay over Simms) but in general he got the players to fight and that was displayed in the late goals against the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Wolves

Basically he got the players to play beyond themselves, whilst Large Samuel and Deano Smith didn’t, hence why we stayed up and they didn’t

Just look at Leicester’s squad

Plenty of players there that you’d want in our team, but they didn’t perform and ours did
I think most people would have bitten your hand off if offered what we got from Dyche, bank in January.

Yeah I think this is a big reason to be optimistic, probably the strongest PL season ever that as I honestly don’t think even Southampton were that far from a decent side, certainly some good players. And we survived. More of a traditional season next year I think with one or two whipping boys.

Dyche had us on 44 point pace with massive issues in the squad, even if all we do is add a good starting 9 and a bit of depth in other areas I think that improvement would be enough for a much more comfortable season.

Think you are right - although Luton will surprise some sides next season - especially at home. They are a big physically strong team and are very dangerous from set pieces.

Lampard would have relegated Chelsea if there were more games to be played - on yesterday we had the hardest fixture ,because Bournemouth looked more than up for it - Time wasting early on - kicking the hell out of us - & a ref who was blind to it all we may have had 2 pens - plus Solanke should have seen red for his assault on Pickford on the goal-line - plus he gave them every little niggle of a foul - we got very little of him - I would bet Bournemouth were on an incentive to stop us winning that game the way they played - they were not on the beach .....
And the volley that Pickford saved in stoppage time. WTF was that all about?! If I had been a Bournemouth player, I would have read the room and not tried anything like that. Imagine if it had gone in… 🤣😬

Three big sides went down in the end

Southampton have been in Europe in the past decade and a solid Premier League fixture

Leeds are an historically big side who have won titles and are well supported

Leicester were Champions 7 years ago

I don’t know if there’ll ever be that many strong clubs all going down together ever again
Times are changing the guard. Brentford, Brighton are now in place for the long term we have loosing luster for some time.

Dave, I've had this with you before. Me and Andy Hunter were close childhood mates. I've known him for over 30 years. The fella bleeds blue. Get that into your head.
I atke as I find.

I've never seen that feller write a fair and balanced report about Everton. He spends half his time agitating against Everton managers. Worse than McNulty that feller for me.

Yeah I think this is a big reason to be optimistic, probably the strongest PL season ever that as I honestly don’t think even Southampton were that far from a decent side, certainly some good players. And we survived. More of a traditional season next year I think with one or two whipping boys.

Dyche had us on 44 point pace with massive issues in the squad, even if all we do is add a good starting 9 and a bit of depth in other areas I think that improvement would be enough for a much more comfortable season.
Saints had plenty of young talent it just was not balanced with the necessary experience to get them over the line

Next season there will also be question marks about Wolves and a Toneyless Brentford and Zahaless Palace. Probably 10 teams in the battle

Saints had plenty of young talent it just was not balanced with the necessary experience to get them over the line

Next season there will also be question marks about Wolves and a Toneyless Brentford and Zahaless Palace. Probably 10 teams in the battle
Doubt if Brentford will be in the mix without Toney. They are a well coached team. Wolves and Crystal Palace Could be in the mix though.

Status
Not open for further replies.