Summer transfer window 2023

It's not though is it? People on socials etc aren't chuffed they're losing 2 of their better/best players, by the look of things.

And yeah they do need to stop being dire but they likely won't and we'll likely see some proper Dyche brexit players join us over the summer.

Who are “people on socials”? They already have their replacements for both of those players at the club and playing games. The manager came out and said after the game yesterday that those players will be leaving to play at the level they deserve to be playing at, and it is what it is. Because they understand football properly, unlike our owners/board and seemingly fans too. Every single player is replaceable.

Walker-Peters would be the one I'd take from the Saints. Unspectacular, but very solid and can cover both flanks.

We were linked in the past so I wouldnt be surprised if we'd be interested again.
Who was the young Argentine they signed; quite liked the look of him

The way I see it is

GK
Pickford, Begovic, Crelin
DR
Patterson, Coleman
DC
Tarks, Coady, Godfrey, Branthwaite
DL
?? and Mykolenko

DCM
Gueye + ??
CM
Garner, Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure

Wingers
Gray,McNeill,??

Strickers
DCL, Cannon, Simms + ??

That leaves Holegate, Keane, Mina, Townsend,Maupay,Davies,Vinagre,Lonergan, Gomes,Nkounkou, Ali, Gbamin all moved on.
I would like to see Simms, Welch, Mills, McAllister,Okoronkowo, and Koukate to be found decent loan clubs.

Pickford a relegation keeper? The man has single handedly saved us points that kept us up in the past two years. He’s England’s number one for a reason.

Whenever I’ve watched Bazunu play for Southampton he looked like barely a Championship player, which is where he’ll be playing next season.

I know we’re all relieved today mate but lay off the ale now
If we could only keep one player from out currently squad, Pickford is the one going nowhere.

He is so good and we should appreciate that

I wouldn’t be upset about losing any of them. Why should we be upset about it? Brighton are losing Macallister and Caicedo, do you think they’re upset about it? Everyone is replaceable, including those players. We need to stop emotionally clinging onto footballers.
I think the difference is, Brighton have a competent scouting network, and we don’t mate.

Onana has typically been used before as a DM 'anchor'. Strangely were playing Gana as a DM when hes no idea on positioning and is a ball winner and press machine.

We should use him in that Anchor role and have Garner + one other in the middle with him.

If we have Garner off the leash alongside Onana with a license to dictate the play and move then we'll be onto something.

Pickford
Patterson Tarkowski Branthwaite Myko
Onana
NEW Garner Doucoure McNeil
NEW

NEW
Coleman Coady NEW NEW
Warrington
Simms Gana NEW Nkounkou
Cannon/DCL
Thats what I'd be aiming for if we have some imagination (and money).

Sell the rest for circa £50-60mil (Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Gray, Maupay, Iwobi.

….I’d be disappointed if we can’t find better than Mykolenko. I think he’s very ordinary & wouldn’t take much replacing.

I wouldn’t be upset about losing any of them. Why should we be upset about it? Brighton are losing Macallister and Caicedo, do you think they’re upset about it? Everyone is replaceable, including those players. We need to stop emotionally clinging onto footballers.

The difference is, Brighton will be confident of replacing those players with similar or better quality.

We have a proven track record of selling players and replacing them with considerably worse.

If we sell Pickford and Onana I can just see Meslier and Robin Koch stinking the place out here next season

Keep Pickford, Garner, Tarks.

Sell everybody else.
Agree, although Pickford is our biggest asset so he may be the one to sell to improve the squad.

The rest i would be saying clear your locker out and keep in close contact with your agent.

The point about January is an interesting one. It was a massive gamble on the players we had and since we stayed up it now looks enormously positive: we pocketed 40m for an average young player and we didn’t piss it away on guys like Onuachu or Rutter who did nothing to save their teams and have increased the financial burden of relegation. With the benefit of hindsight we’ve now had one of the best windows in the league but bloody hell it was risky.

So we’ve got away with a massive gamble and probably greatly increased our financial position as a result of not making panic buys, but now we need to get it right in the summer so we’re never left in such a risky position again.
People (rightly) slate him not signing a good CF. But signing Garner, Onana, Tarkowski, Coady, McNeil and being strongly linked to Kudus and several other highly promising players (most before to exploding) means im looking forwsrd to this window.
I would accept anything remotely close to £10m
If we sold Maupay for £10mil, DCL for £15mil and Simms for say £2.5mil then weve got £27.5mil towards a centre forward.

We only play 1 so id risk a new signing and Cannon as backup for a season.

If we could only keep one player from out currently squad, Pickford is the one going nowhere.

He is so good and we should appreciate that
He is very good BUT hes also 29 and like a fast outfield player if his reflexes slow down then the drop off could be huge.

For me, a bid of £50-60mil range should be accepted and reinvested in a young keeper like Mamardashvili at Valencia or Verbruggen at Anderlecht.
….I’d be disappointed if we can’t find better than Mykolenko. I think he’s very ordinary & wouldn’t take much replacing.
We should be using our funds on a centre forward and a right winger...also another midfielder if possible.

Left back if we have faith that ISS could be a backup player in 1-2 seasons time then just bring in a loan player this season to keep a pathway open.

People (rightly) slate him not signing a good CF. But signing Garner, Onana, Tarkowski, Coady, McNeil and being strongly linked to Kudus and several other highly promising players (most before to exploding) means im looking forwsrd to this window.

If we sold Maupay for £10mil, DCL for £15mil and Simms for say £2.5mil then weve got £27.5mil towards a centre forward.

We only play 1 so id risk a new signing and Cannon as backup for a season.

He is very good BUT hes also 29 and like a fast outfield player if his reflexes slow down then the drop off could be huge.

For me, a bid of £50-60mil range should be accepted and reinvested in a young keeper like Mamardashvili at Valencia or Verbruggen at Anderlecht.

We should be using our funds on a centre forward and a right winger...also another midfielder if possible.

Left back if we have faith that ISS could be a backup player in 1-2 seasons time then just bring in a loan player this season to keep a pathway open.
In a season in which a lack of Strikers has left us DEEP in the mud, you propose we enter a Season with 1 unproven Striker and A N Other.

Great idea Zat.

I have a strong feeling that Pickford will go. He’s a good lad and I think he signed the contract to maximise the amount we get for him (probably in anticipation of relegation); just don’t think he fancies another relegation scrap when he’s comfortably a top 6 level keeper.

Onana is as good as gone, also, I reckon. I like him, but £20m-£30m profit in one year is exactly the kind of business we should be doing, so no tears will be shed here.

If DCLs agent can convince potential buyers to look the other way over his injury record, I think he’ll be gone, too.

I assume Mina will be off, but we’ll fill his squad place with Branthwaite, so financially we’re all good, there (likely better off because of wages). We’ll see what happens with JB as he seems keen on a permanent move to PSV, but that can surely only happen if we get wedge enough to replace with someone good.

As for incomings? Who knows. I’m no mystic, but I can see us bringing in slow, useless garbage for well over market price.