Summer transfer window 2023

Calling for the sale of Doucs today seems a touch ungrateful

Not ungrateful , Farrelly kept us up with a goal but that doesn’t mean he’s good enough.

That list of players are a large reason to why we find ourselves where we are.

Over the course of a season or even his entire time with us, doucs has been disappointing .

Oh joy, we can discuss what players we arent getting again!
Frankly, I think its obvious we need to address the front and back lines. The midfield, while not ideal, isnt close to our most pressing need. You need a CF, a winger, two fullbacks and then a center back. You're fullbacks dont need to be world beaters but at the least they need to be directly competing with our current ones day one. If Nkounkou and Branthwaite have developed enough thats 3 players you can bring in, 1 on a free, and 2 purchases.

Not ungrateful , Farrelly kept us up with a goal but that doesn’t mean he’s good enough.

Over the course of a season or even his entire time with us, doucs has been disappointing .

Disagree.

He’s done well when played in the right position.

As with all players, seems to do better when he has a manager that believes in him ala Ancellotti and Dyche

I think he's good enough to play in a slightly improved Everton team that hopefully can be safe with a few games to go. That's our aim for next season in my opinion.

We won't sell iwobi,dcl or gray...no buyers and will be hard to replace for cheaper...

Hopefully promoted club will come in for the others,I can see Holgate at luton lol

I don’t think that gray , DCL and iwobi are hard to replace tho . I mean between them they contributed not even 10 goals this season did they?

And they’d be on 250k a week between them

I have a strong feeling that Pickford will go. He’s a good lad and I think he signed the contract to maximise the amount we get for him (probably in anticipation of relegation); just don’t think he fancies another relegation scrap when he’s comfortably a top 6 level keeper.
I have the same feeling. I think Pickford knows that a top team will come in for him and will be willing to pay big money for him and did Everton a favor with the new contract. Hope not, but I think that is what will happen.

I don’t think that gray , DCL and iwobi are hard to replace tho . I mean between them they contributed not even 10 goals this season did they?

Son why would anyone buy them?why wouldn't they buy the better players we would be after ?

DCL is a weird one. I'm not sure what we should do with him. But I do think Iwobi and Gray can do a job for us next season. We just need to recruit so that they aren't played out of position. That probably means selling Pickford and Onana ( maybe DCL if we can find a buyer)

Disagree.

He’s done well when played in the right position.

As with all players, seems to do better when he has a manager that believes in him ala Ancellotti and Dyche

His technique isn’t good enough , he can’t pass a football. Everton will be the biggest club he ever plays for in his entire career.

Same goes for gray, Townsend , davies, maupay , Godfrey, Keane … we need to realise that these players aren’t good enough

Sell Mykolenko, obtain a replacement - a more attack minded modern fullback.
CB replacement for Mina - make Coady transfer permanent
Creative midfielder (the traditional no 10)
CF as we can’t rely on DCL

For RB/RWB use combo of Patterson, Coleman, Garner

The reality is though this team has vulnerable positions throughout but given our limitations in spending - I think the above would add a little to each dept - it doesnt need to cost the earth. The key is to try and find those bargains and not be limited to the UK.

I wouldn’t be upset about losing any of them. Why should we be upset about it? Brighton are losing Macallister and Caicedo, do you think they’re upset about it? Everyone is replaceable, including those players. We need to stop emotionally clinging onto footballers.
Trust me Brighton are upset about selling Caicedo and Macalister and will do whatever they can to hold onto them. They don't need the money but like Dortmund they have a model which attracts the worlds best young players because they will allow them to get when the time is right.

Honestly what ya like:
I said he hadnt done anything that impressed me, before Yesterday, im very and often will change my opinion.

I like what the lad brought to the table yesterday.

Bar, probably Maupay, I could give positives on the majority of the players in the squad, at times they have all, mostly, had good games.

But I dislike most of them and dont really consider them very good.

Young players, like Garner, even the boy Patters, they can grow and prove me wrong, I look forward to being wrong quite a lot, cos I am now firmly a DOOMER.