Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Well, time for a little self indulgence if I may...
Today marks 50 years since my very first visit to Goodison Park & the only time I was able to watch a game there. As some may know, I was planning on being there for the Fulham game as it was the closest game to the date. Not only was that a bullet dodged on my part but, sadly, the day is now also associated with the passing of my Dad who slipped away this morning.
As much as he had no links to Liverpool (Mum was the Scouser) he also had a lot of fond memories of the City, as do I. We are both Essendon (AFL) fans as well, so at least their season is doing really well... (I didn't mention the Fulham game before he passed! 😉 )

Anyway... If your Mum or Dad are still with you, give them a hug or a call. Although my Dad was 95, life is still too short. Take care. ;)

Today marks 50 years since my very first visit to Goodison Park & the only time I was able to watch a game there. As some may know, I was planning on being there for the Fulham game as it was the closest game to the date. Not only was that a bullet dodged on my part but, sadly, the day is now also associated with the passing of my Dad who slipped away this morning.
As much as he had no links to Liverpool (Mum was the Scouser) he also had a lot of fond memories of the City, as do I. We are both Essendon (AFL) fans as well, so at least their season is doing really well... (I didn't mention the Fulham game before he passed! 😉 )

Anyway... If your Mum or Dad are still with you, give them a hug or a call. Although my Dad was 95, life is still too short. Take care. ;)
So very sorry to read of your Dad’s passing. I hope that you find comfort in memories of his long life, well lived. 💙

It’s been just over 6 weeks since I started my ADHD meds and I feel noticeably different. I’m more focused, less anxious, and I’m able to do things without overthinking as much.

I find I have more free time now because I just get things done a lot quicker. For me there’s no greater feeling than knowing everything in your life is under control. It brings an incomparable peace of mind. Life is still far from ideal, but I’ve become almost obsessive in my approach to the important things in my life and I’m reaping the benefits.

It saddens me knowing that so many people are struggling with their respective issues. I sincerely hope life starts to get easier for you soon.

Deepest sympathies pal.
May he rest in peace 🙏

I intentionally stay out of posting in this thread to avoid it feeling contrived for want for a better word.

Recently I've become aware of something called depersonalisation-derealisation disorder. It falls under this from NHS;

I found it pretty interesting, and I recall seeing a few posts in here from people who might find it resonates with them. @Lobster Johnson if I recall correctly I think you could be one mate - about being forgetful.

Ta. She was the best mate. And my best mate to boot. Miss her dreadfully at times. As many in this thread will understand, there isnt a book about "getting over it". I was astonished that no more than a few weeks after a pal lost his wife in tragic circumstances, he had hitched up with some munter within weeks. Maybe sommet was in the pipeline anyrate, y'know, but still.

Any potential partner that I may meet will have a cocking high bar to leap over, thats for sure. Mad innit?

Ta. She was the best mate. And my best mate to boot. Miss her dreadfully at times. As many in this thread will understand, there isnt a book about "getting over it".
If there was it would be a very short book.
Page 1...
Just do the best you can.
The End

We all just muddle through hoping each day gets a bit easier and we can cope a bit more. Having good people around you is always a good start to carrying on. True friends have a tendancy to reveal themselves at such trying times.

400 pound overdraft which is my limit
dont get paid for another 1 week

got limited amount of food etc to last me
Makes me just want to give up to be honest, cant do this anymore

You spoken to the CAB mate ? Your local council may also have a service that can assist with food/fuel might be worth giving them a call.

Many people in your boat at the moment things will improve over the coming months 👍