Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

You spoken to the CAB mate ? Your local council may also have a service that can assist with food/fuel might be worth giving them a call.

Many people in your boat at the moment things will improve over the coming months 👍
i just think CAB will give me a loan then im back to square 1 next month etc
Just looking for a break in life mate, im sick of it now but have a little one to think of

i just think CAB will give me a loan then im back to square 1 next month etc
Just looking for a break in life mate, im sick of it now but have a little one to think of

Always worth giving them a call mate and try yer council as my sister used to work for Knowsley and im sure they had a scheme a few years back for help with food etc.

Times are tough mate but remember tough times create tough people - keep at it pal for your little one 👍

My mum passed away last month and I just have "moments" when I can't help but cry.
Just a little over 9 years now since my Mum passed. If some tears help, then let them flow.

I made the mistake of trying to be stoic, holding it together if you will, as my Sisters were a mess. Figuring that someone had to keep strong to get everything done was a mistake &, to this day, I've not given myself a chance to weep & grieve for her.

As mentioned above, I'm now reliving the process with Dad having just passed. Same circumstances, same Sisters, but I'm going to have some moments for myself this time.

Take care...

Ta. She was the best mate. And my best mate to boot. Miss her dreadfully at times. As many in this thread will understand, there isnt a book about "getting over it".

If there was it would be a very short book.
Page 1...
Just do the best you can.
The End
I sometimes think people are under too much pressure (from themselves and/or others) to "get over" things, especially the loss of loved ones. But I think there are some things that some people (and I'm one of them) will never get over; I know that once I accepted I wasn't going to get over something, things got just that little bit easier. There's often a lot of emphasis on closure and so on, and I'm definitely not trying to devalue that, but if that's not possible then sometimes it's enough just to recognise that we're not getting past that particular thing. Hope this makes sense.

400 pound overdraft which is my limit
dont get paid for another 1 week

got limited amount of food etc to last me
Makes me just want to give up to be honest, cant do this anymore
Season ticket, so sorry to hear your struggling. With regards food etc, Forever Blue is right, the CAB can help. I suspect there will be a waiting list given the current economic circumstances. Look up your local food bank, go there and ask how you get a food bank parcel. You may need to referred however, I strongly suspect they will help you bud. There will be a number of organisations - I'm not local but there should be - who are there for people like you who are struggling in life. You just have to if you can, put your pride away for now and actively seek their support. Getting someone to help with food shouldn't be a problem.

Speak to your Dr about your low mood if you haven't already. Speak to friends and family and let them know how your feeling. You'll feel better if you know that they're people who care and want to help. I do hope your mood can lift, you are struggling but I promise it won't last forever and you'll be all the stronger for it once you start to recover. Take care buddy.

Well, time for a little self indulgence if I may...
Today marks 50 years since my very first visit to Goodison Park & the only time I was able to watch a game there. As some may know, I was planning on being there for the Fulham game as it was the closest game to the date. Not only was that a bullet dodged on my part but, sadly, the day is now also associated with the passing of my Dad who slipped away this morning.
As much as he had no links to Liverpool (Mum was the Scouser) he also had a lot of fond memories of the City, as do I. We are both Essendon (AFL) fans as well, so at least their season is doing really well... (I didn't mention the Fulham game before he passed! 😉 )

Anyway... If your Mum or Dad are still with you, give them a hug or a call. Although my Dad was 95, life is still too short. Take care. ;)
My sincere condolences mate. Your dad will still be rooting for us, and Essendon.

I sometimes think people are under too much pressure (from themselves and/or others) to "get over" things, especially the loss of loved ones. But I think there are some things that some people (and I'm one of them) will never get over; I know that once I accepted I wasn't going to get over something, things got just that little bit easier. There's often a lot of emphasis on closure and so on, and I'm definitely not trying to devalue that, but if that's not possible then sometimes it's enough just to recognise that we're not getting past that particular thing. Hope this makes sense.
Mate I hear you so much on this one. It's uncanny you posted as I had a conversation on this with a mental health professional just yesterday.

There are definitely things in my life that I know I'll get no closure on, or won't just go away eventually. I understand that and saying it to myself just brings a little relief, and permission to validate rather than suppress my feelings.

Makes perfect sense mate. One day, I may get over Nikki leaving us. The old cliches, "you fill find someone one day, time is a healer" etc etc, mean zip to me. I dont mope all day, or have a shrine for her, but she is never more than a heart beat away from being remembered. If I have a happy, good day, I dont feel guilty. If I have a sad day, (they still happen), I qualify it by knowing it is no ones else issue, and its cos I loved her so much.

And was lucky to have done so.

So true mate, everyone deals with these situations in so many different ways, I don’t think anyone can tell you what's best, my brother and I have lost both of our parents in the last 7 months and have become closer as a result of it and now call each other almost daily as opposed to hardly ever previously, that small fact alone has helped me get through it all, I've been the stronger of the two of us and have become the big brother that perhaps I hadn't been before.

So true mate, everyone deals with these situations in so many different ways, I don’t think anyone can tell you what's best, my brother and I have lost both of our parents in the last 7 months and have become closer as a result of it and now call each other almost daily as opposed to hardly ever previously, that small fact alone has helped me get through it all, I've been the stronger of the two of us and have become the big brother that perhaps I hadn't been before.
'like' + 'sad'. can't hit both so done this way instead. rough time and heart goes out to you both for such massive and sudden loss.

Makes perfect sense mate. One day, I may get over Nikki leaving us. The old cliches, "you fill find someone one day, time is a healer" etc etc, mean zip to me. I dont mope all day, or have a shrine for her, but she is never more than a heart beat away from being remembered. If I have a happy, good day, I dont feel guilty. If I have a sad day, (they still happen), I qualify it by knowing it is no ones else issue, and its cos I loved her so much.

And was lucky to have done so.
That’s a brilliant way to look at things.

I am a waste of space.
I bought tickets for me & me mate Sophie for tonight.
And I let myself down again.
But she will use them thankfully with Leo !!
I need some sort of help.
So sorry you are feeling like this but please don’t think you are a waste of space, you are not. I hope you are able to get the help you need. Best wishes.💙