Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have won 3 games in the same period including against Arsenal, and got a very notable draw away to Chelsea. We're only one point behind Palace and have played the same number of games. We've also got better form than every other team in this article bar Southampton.
Everton also prevented Brentford's 12-match unbeaten streak from becoming a 13-match unbeaten streak.

If you take Dyche's tenure in isolation, it hasn't been a bad season.

Everyone, including myself and @davek seem to have an optimistic attitude about these upcoming games. With Everton there is always that back-of-the-mind fear though that this is where the rug gets pulled from underneath us. It is the one thing I dont like about being a Toffee.

By the same token Everton always have a couple of games against 'better' opposition that result in unexpected wins. Swings and roundabouts with us.

Spurs is a funny one: on paper they should be looked on as favourites for this game. Regardless of their last result and a few injuries, they've won 5 out of their last 8 games and are pushing for a CL place. But it feels like one we have to target to win or at least not get beat in. We can do it as long as we approach this in a very conservative way. If we try and outplay them they'll get in for a couple of goals. The same approach as we adopted against Arsenal will get us the points IMO.

Everyone, including myself and @davek seem to have an optimistic attitude about these upcoming games. With Everton there is always that back-of-the-mind fear though that this is where the rug gets pulled from underneath us. It is the one thing I dont like about being a Toffee.
The Spurs game could be one of two extremes.

Bouncing back with a big win when the world is against us or piling on the misery, when the whole world and everything in it feels like it's against us.

COYB!

I'm more in the gritty determined category. Fight from the first whistle Monday to the final whistle on the last day - we're safe. Don't and we playing with fire.

Everton also prevented Brentford's 12-match unbeaten streak from becoming a 13-match unbeaten streak.

If you take Dyche's tenure in isolation, it hasn't been a bad season.

Agreed, under Dyche Everton is 3-2-3 in an 8 game stretch where they played Arsenal twice, and Liverpool/Chelsea both away. The Arsenal away loss was embarrassing, but only because of the final score- they were unlikely to win that game. The only loss that seems egregious in this span was losing to Aston Villa at home pretty convincingly.

Think our odds of relegation shouldn't be that high
1680203701520.png

I would be happy with a point against spurs 3 would be amazing tho. I don’t no why so many are just giving up on the United game. If we get a result against spurs. I think we will be full of confidence going to United and get a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.