Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, objectively, I see it being Southampton, Forrest and us.

We need to pickup a few unexpected wins for that to change for me. I think Bournemouth have shown enough quality and fight to suggest they have a good chance of staying up.
🤔

...based on what?

The form table for whatever recent run of games you care to choose (10, 8, 6 etc) has us out of it...well out of it.

Maybe yeah, but dont take it for granted Palace, Southampton and Leicester will do any better, 2 of those even have worse form now
Leicester will have enough, I think palace will pick up a couple of results in their upcoming run of fixtures and just about do enough

Southampton & Bournemouth will go imo - Southampton last couple of games are really tough

If they're going to get safe they need to make a shape in the next game. Wolves at home next up looks to me the only remotely winnable game they have left.

If they fail to beat Wolves I'm declaring them down alongside S'ton.
Wolves at home were the seems to be able to pick up points, if the home form starts to fail they will go for sure

He seems to struggle in this area though.
true, but it's not as bad as his reputation suggests
He's only missed 7 games outright and 2 on as sub this season
That's 3 in 4 he's played, and he's a game winner
Never know but it looks unlikely to me Leicester drop

A victory here would make me feel about 200% better regarding our chances of being a Premier League side next season. A draw would keep my hopes up, and a defeat would have be thinking we're going down, as our next game is almost certainly a bummin' even though other teams are capable of beating them at Auld Trafford.

Premier League relegation: Nine teams in danger of dropping to the Championship​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64985188

_129162105_chancesofrelegation.jpg

Weird how they have Crystal Palace with a 10% chance of getting relegated when they literally haven't won a game all year, are second-bottom of the form table and have just appointed a 75 year-old has-been who took a club down last season. They brush it off as 'they've got relegation-threatened teams to play'. That's probably a lot more dangerous, as that's a lot of six pointers and you could quickly find yourself sinking. They currently look terminal.

Everton have won 3 games in the same period including against Arsenal, and got a very notable draw away to Chelsea. We're only one point behind Palace and have played the same number of games. We've also got better form than every other team in this article bar Southampton.

Premier League relegation: Nine teams in danger of dropping to the Championship​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64985188

View attachment 207635

Weird how they have Crystal Palace with a 10% chance of getting relegated when they literally haven't won a game all year, are second-bottom of the form table and have just appointed a 75 year-old has-been who took a club down last season. They brush it off as 'they've got relegation-threatened teams to play'. That's probably a lot more dangerous, as that's a lot of six pointers and you could quickly find yourself sinking. They currently look terminal.

Everton have won 3 games in the same period including against Arsenal, and got a very notable draw away to Chelsea. We're only one point behind Palace and have played the same number of games. We've also got better form than every other team in this article bar Southampton.
Seems to be a lot of delusion about Palace, if they also think they only have a small chance of going down its going to be panic stations if they fail to win against Leicester and Leeds over the next two weekends

🤔

...based on what?

The form table for whatever recent run of games you care to choose (10, 8, 6 etc) has us out of it...well out of it.
Yep, i think we will be fine and more comfortable than last year.

Dyche is doing the job, and the more weeks he has on the training pitch with the team, the better the results are.

We currently average 1.21 points per game at HOME, whilst only gaining 0.64 per game AWAY.

With that in mind, based on our final 10 games (5 home, 5 away), we'll pick up 6 points at HOME and 3 AWAY. That would have us finishing the season on 35 points.

Something has to change. All teams below us (except Southampton) have games in hand - we need to win probably 2 away from home cause we won't win more than maybe 2-3 at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.