2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I saw was pretty much what I expected, organised , hard working and committed . There wasn't much going forward apart from set pieces.
Will that be enough to save us this season ?
Possibly and if that's what it takes so be it but I'm not sure I'd like to see that type of football long term. It would have been cheaper to stick with Allardyce.
I thought we were decent going forward considering the opposition.

IF he keeps us up then he would deserve huge plaudits. I'd support a modest contract extension for that alone.

I'm not going to be on his back for the style of football, if it keeps us up this year and provides upward stability next.

His brief is points.
If Saturday is anything to go by then his style of football is exactly what we need.

I moved into a new flat on Thursday. The feller in the bedroom next mine has a red Emirates Stadium sign on his door. When I spoke to him on Thursday I told him I was an Evertonian and a big grin spread over his fat face. It was pretty obvious to me it was a "You're gonna get stuffed on Saturday" grin.

I haven't seen him since. I think he stays with his girlfriend sometimes. When he comes back he'll find his neighbour now has a Goodison Park sign on his door.
I saw my neighbour for the first time since the game. For some reason he preferred talking about Man City :bye:

If he manages this miracle, Then I expect he will take us into the the New Stadium. As for contract extensions, we shouldn't go jumping the gun that quickly.
Just look at Lamps last season...
Miracle or not, I think he is here until the new stadium regardless.

If we go down, it's not Dyche's fault and realistically, who else would you get in for a Championship campaign?

Think Dyche is here for a while, hopefully for all the right reasons.

I thought we were decent going forward considering the opposition.
Yeah, me too.
Very pleasantly surprised

Doucoure had an excellent game but not sure how he managed to miss the target with that free header.
DCL about an inch away from finishing Onanas cross.
And plenty of buildup play leading to corners that went to the far post and didn't just bounce off the first man.

I loved seeing how fast our players closed theirs down but also how, seeing the patterns, sometimes they held back.
I thought both wingers gave the fullbacks proper support. Clearly instructions that they'd not had before.
I was also impressed at the speed at which the DCL Maupay sub was made as soon as we scored.
Dyche had a plan, he stuck to it meticulously!
Mad the difference executing a plan can make!

Yeah, me too.
Very pleasantly surprised

Doucoure had an excellent game but not sure how he managed to miss the target with that free header.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin about an inch away from finishing Onanas cross.
And plenty of buildup play leading to corners that went to the far post and didn't just bounce off the first man.

I loved seeing how fast our players closed theirs down but also how, seeing the patterns, sometimes they held back.
I thought both wingers gave the fullbacks proper support. Clearly instructions that they'd not had before.
I was also impressed at the speed at which the Dominic Calvert-Lewin Maupay sub was made as soon as we scored.
Dyche had a plan, he stuck to it meticulously!
Mad the difference executing a plan can make!
Amen to all that, brother! ?

If we go down, it's not Dyche's fault and realistically, who else would you get in for a Championship campaign?

Been a really long time since we fought like that. Long may it continue

This was a great first start v Arsenal.
Amazed how he managed to persuade everyone , that the Board utterly failing in the transfer window , wasn't terminal to our chances of survival.
We were virtually certain to go down before the managerial change.
Everything isn't going to go to plan going forwards , so let's hope that everyone "rolls with the punches" when things go wrong , and keeps supporting him.
He , at least gives us some hope going forwards.

Reactions: Ian

If we go down Dyche doesn’t get a free pass , that would be wrong.
He has been brought in to manage a difficult situation , but from them the point he was appointed the responsibility of preventing relegation became his.
If we go down it is only sensible that we assess his performance as a manager in the period preceding relegation.
If , for instance , he is unable to give us a reasonable chance of survival I would be against retaining him , I would prefer to appoint a manager more likely to not only lead us to promotion but ensure the club is equipped to operate at a higher level.
Hopefully the question will remain academic and Dyche will guide us to safety with much improved performances.

Only thing I was surprised about was that he didn’t use more subs. Perhaps an early indication of what he thinks of some of the fellas who were on the bench.
Well, there's a benefit to fresh legs, but also the opposing principle of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. More subs would have meant a danger of distrupting the organisation and system that had been working so well up to then.

Status
Not open for further replies.