January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

That media line about spending loads of money is ridiculous.

What timeframe do they base it on? In the PL as a whole, we’d be nowhere near the top clubs.

In Moshiri’s tenure? We’ve sold Lukaku Stones Barkley Gueye Richarlison Gordon for the best part of 300 million during that time (and that’s before you count in any other player sales at all) so we’d have had to spend an awful lot gross to have a very high net spend averaged out over the 7 years he’s owned us.

An article in the mirror a few days ago put the figure at 731 mill (although this had every player costing their maximum reported value plus add ons and also had Richy at 50 mill Dele at 40 mill and James at 20 mill)

Let’s say it’s 700 mill (although I’d wager it’s actually a lot less seeing as hardly anyone would have triggered add ons). If you take off the 300 mill sales just for those players I’ve mentioned then it’s a net spend of 400 mill over 7 years, just over 50 mill a season.

That’s the extreme of all figures as well, we’ve sold more players than those listed and the expenditure is probably less but you can see the point. Our real net spend has probably somewhere between 40-50 mill per season (split across all windows) and most of that was front loaded so the average is only going down.

Have we spent that money well? No, of course not. Now do the top 6 clubs have higher expenditure than that? Of course they do. Massively. This throw away line by the media though about 500 million is just not particularly accurate or helpful.
It's ridiculous and very lazy and every rent a gob pundit trots it out and nobody challenges them on it. We have spent 500M in 7 years and at the end of the window Chelsea could have spent a similar amount in 7 months!

I think the moaning about the manager and who he might want to sign needs to stop for a bit, at least till we actually see a few games under him.

Honestly, it's just as well social media didn't exist in the 80"s, can you imagine the fume that would have come when Kendall signed so called injury plagued players like Reid and Gray?

The chat is great, the opinions are great, but let's give it a rest for now and just see what happens

Arnautović, Gyökeres, Sulemana and Ziyech.

The defence is ok. We need players up front to score. We cannot rely on Calvert-Lewin any longer.

Will cost around £67.5m. Kean’s fee should cover the rest.

Deals of Sulemana and Ziyech can be loan with obligation if we stay up.

I think Dyche may use Keane instead of Coady.

Pickford

Patterson Keane Tarkowski Godfrey

Ziyech Gana Onana Sulemana

Gyökeres Arnautović

lol this looks awful

Will have him here. Alternative option to Ziyech.
Nowhere near comparable

Yes. Will have him here too.
lol

Hasn't he gone to Leicester?
Tete is apparently available for £3m due to his current contract situation. Leicester are interested, but us and Forrest are supposed to be as well. At that sort of money I would think a few would be interested

Status
Not open for further replies.