Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
In retrospect that's true but at the time we were thrilled with Koemsn and with Ancellotti. Just didn't work out. Gutting.
I wasn't surprised Carlo didn't work. I didn't really know enough about Koeman at the time but I think there were signs on that too when looking back.

Think dyche might be ok

Think dyche has had the better of Eddie on the last 4 occasions and has a better record than Eddie head to head

Also people forget Eddie got Bournemouth relegated so even if Burnley had got relegated under dyche it doesn’t make him a bad manager
We have a decade of Dyche to look at so I'm not totally interested in how he did against a manager I didn't even compare him to. No need to small sample something with quite a large amount of evidence.

So he wasn't great?

The players (who I bought in large part) stink so I'm not going to try doesn't cut it for me.
He did try. Just because we didn’t play attacking football doesn’t mean we didn’t try. We were top of the league at Christmas so I think he was obviously trying something.

We have a decade of Dyche to look at so I'm not totally interested in how he did against a manager I didn't even compare him to. No need to small sample something with quite a large amount of evidence.
I mean we had multiple champions league winner ancelotti and he couldn’t even beat Bournemouth at home

I guess howe’s success this season is just an anomaly then given he has relegation on his cv as well

Maybe we should rehire champions league winner Benitez again

I mean we had multiple champions league winner ancelotti and he couldn’t even beat Bournemouth at home

I guess howe’s success this season is just an anomaly then given he has relegation on his cv as well

Maybe we should rehire champions league winner Benitez again
As I said Howe has always been more adaptable and he's found success because he's been willing to make changes and find solutions. Is Dyche going to grow his own abilities and do better here? His past says no.

As I said Howe has always been more adaptable and he's found success because he's been willing to make changes and find solutions. Is Dyche going to grow his own abilities and do better here? His past says no.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if Bournemouth was all you had to judge on you wouldn’t be saying that.

How is Howe more adaptable than Dyche? He lost 4 times in a row to Dyche’s Burnley? If anything that proves he is less adaptable than Dyche. How has he found success either? He got relegated with Bournemouth.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, if Bournemouth was all you had to judge on you wouldn’t be saying that.
I'd have been wrong on Howe overall BUT if last year we were choosing between Dyche and Howe I'd have been 100% behind Howe. There was always more upside.

How is Howe more adaptable than Dyche? He lost 4 times in a row to Dyche’s Burnley? If anything that proves he is less adaptable than Dyche. How has he found success either? He got relegated with Bournemouth.
Oh man. I'm not doing this if we're going to pick 4 specific games of a hundreds of games sample.

Hasn't Pep never beaten Koeman or something?

I'd have been wrong on Howe overall BUT if last year we were choosing between Dyche and Howe I'd have been 100% behind Howe. There was always more upside.
Yeah but if me auntie had balls she’d be me uncle. We are bottom of the league mate and we are scraping the barrel of what’s available.

Yeah but if me auntie had balls she’d be me uncle. We are bottom of the league mate and we are scraping the barrel of what’s available.
We're scraping the barrel by choice. There are plenty of other options out there and this is still one of the better jobs in football even if it might be a fight to keep us safe or get us back up. We pay well. We have more options if we choose to find them.

We're scraping the barrel by choice. There are plenty of other options out there and this is still one of the better jobs in football even if it might be a fight to keep us safe or get us back up. We pay well. We have more options if we choose to find them.
Like who? Name 3 people who’d have joined Everton in its current state? It used to be one of the biggest jobs in English football, now we are a basket case who sack managers on whim. That’s why we have a squad made up of purchases from 6 different managers heading straight for the trap door. No decent manager is coming here in a million years.

Status
Not open for further replies.