Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're 5 points from midtable having played with no attack for 15 games.

I wouldn't be writing his Everton obituary just yet.
I hope you're right...difficult to be confident when you feel that the same thing has been happening to us time and time again. Different manager, same story...with the exception of ancelotti all our appointments have been a disaster.

He gets 19 games, would be my take.

I think you are correct. I think then club gamble on the 6 week break being a bit of a reset for clubs (which it likely will be) and we re-emerge back where we started the season with greater stability, plus possibly DCL back fit. Not too many players at the world cup either. They gamble on the loss in form being a bad week, rather than something deeply systemic and everyone benefitting from a bit of a break from each other. Win at least 2 of the 3 home games, and we put a very handy cushion forward. The atmosphere at Goodison will be better etc.

The issue is going to be, if it doesn't work out, we are in a lot of trouble then, and a new guy will not have any period to work with the players, and will be 3 pretty favourable home games down.

It's probably worth the risk though.

I think you are correct. I think then club gamble on the 6 week break being a bit of a reset for clubs (which it likely will be) and we re-emerge back where we started the season with greater stability, plus possibly Dominic Calvert-Lewin back fit. Not too many players at the world cup either. They gamble on the loss in form being a bad week, rather than something deeply systemic and everyone benefitting from a bit of a break from each other. Win at least 2 of the 3 home games, and we put a very handy cushion forward. The atmosphere at Goodison will be better etc.

The issue is going to be, if it doesn't work out, we are in a lot of trouble then, and a new guy will not have any period to work with the players, and will be 3 pretty favourable home games down.

It's probably worth the risk though.

I think the fans like him, he says the right things and likely there is a genuine connection there as we know that’s a big thing, we all want him to succeed, but there comes a point where we will want to be in the PL more and if results make that a viable choice, he will be gone, my take is he deserves half a season, so another 4 games, if we are on 20points + i think he stays. If we are below that, we have an inevitable decision I feel.

Few red flags to my eye, one is whatever about results, performences have gotten incrementally worse from Utd on onward really, week to week I’m not seeing change.

Secondly it’s increasingly clear we are telegraphed, managers know, play tso deep banks of four and Everton aren’t scoring. The team to my eye look like they have lost all confidence of trying to score themselves.

Thirdly I think the manager want to playa certain way, pocession based football, out from the back and between lines - it’s not working with these group of players, they aren’t good enough. I think he’s going to have a good long refection and compromise on approach Vs results, because unless the latter starts to come, he will be out of a job.

I feel our expectations of fans are very low this year, we just want to be competitive and safe, both those things are far from certain based on recent results and performences, if I’m being totally honest at the moment, am I confident in not being beaten by the three teams below us, I’m not and I find it hard to think of three worse teams on recent form. We could just be bad or does a better manager get better results with this group…..I think we’d all loath another reboot. I know I would.

Last edited:

I think the fans like him, he says the right things and likely there is a genuine connection there as we know that’s a big thing, we all want him to succeed, but there comes a point where we will want to be in the PL more and if results make that a viable choice, he will be gone, my take is he deserves half a season, so another 4 games, if we are on 20points + i think he stays. If we are below that, we have an inevitable decision I feel.

Few red flags to my eye, one is whatever about results, performences have gotten incrementally worse from Utd on onward really, week to week I’m not seeing change.

Secondly it’s increasingly clear we are telegraphed, managers know, play tso deep banks of four and Everton aren’t scoring. The team to my eye look like they have lost all confidence of trying to score themselves.

Thirdly I think the manager want to playa certain way, pocession based football, out from the back and between lines - it’s not working with these group of players, they aren’t good enough. I think he’s going to have a good long refection and compromise on approach Vs results, because unless the latter starts to come, he will be out of a job.

I feel our expectations of fans are very low this year, we just want to be competitive and safe, both those things are far from certain based on recent results and performences, if I’m being totally honest at the moment, am I confident in not being beaten by the three teams below us, I’m not and I find it hard to think of three worse teams on recent form. We could just be bad or does a better manager get better results with this group…..I think we’d all loath another reboot. I know I would.

Thats the big issue with our fanbase really - we care more about style than substance.

After that 13/14 year Martinez got 2 seasons dining off his likable personality and phenomenal waffle and I imagine Lampard will follow suit.

We talk about Kenwright lowering expectations but the fans are just as complicit when we care more about X Factor style populism than managers that win games of football.

Thats the big issue with our fanbase really - we care more about style than substance.

After that 13/14 year Martinez got 2 seasons dining off his likable personality and phenomenal waffle and I imagine Lampard will follow suit.

We talk about Kenwright lowering expectations but the fans are just as complicit when we care more about X Factor style populism than managers that win games of football.
THE FANS!!!!

@chicoazul

I think we sometimes aren’t very self aware mate, the Danny Ings fishing I pulled, is a case in point, he’d absolutely improve us, but we don’t want him. I’m not sure we are very attractive to a lot of top tier managers and players now, all we had was money to throw in the past, we don’t anymore, so an appraisal on where we are realistically is important. If I’m honest I think Frank is a draw, by his own profile that’s a + to my eye, he’s a hero to this generation of footballers and we aren’t signing the Onanas and JTs and Coady without him IMO. So we need to be self aware and realistic, up to a tipping point.

On the opposite side, we are also a powerful fan base, we can take down a manager rightly or wrongly. Koeman, Sam, Silva, FSW we took out on fan sentiment, I think the club is to weak on it and some of those managers went to soon - though you know how strongly I was against the FSW, never should have been appointed. The club would be stupid to ignore it, because it is powerful, but at the same time the tail can’t wag the dog and they sometimes do need to be stronger, because instability is undermining. What we did at the end of last season proves it. It needs to be harnessed. We are all hoping Frank is that man, the only one who could really cultivate it after Big Joe was maybe Davey, even then many fans at the end resented him.

Last edited:

Martinez dined off his likeable personality and the 72 points season, bloody fans.

C93C7E7D-F256-460A-AEC1-EA0CC3199B8C.jpeg

058B1A87-6DEA-41C7-B781-0C0A9B04BCFD.jpeg

B797CA57-DE74-49D3-A37E-9E322C45260B.jpeg

D1C6C057-2492-495D-B716-084775379D8B.jpeg

I think we sometimes aren’t very self aware mate, the Danny Ings fishing I pulled, is a case in point, he’d absolutely improve us, but we don’t want him. I’m not sure we are very attractive to a lot of top tier managers and players now, all we had was money to throw in the past, we don’t anymore, so an appraisal on where we are realistically is important. If I’m honest I think Frank is a draw, by his own profile that’s a + to my eye, he’s a hero to this generation of footballers and we aren’t signing the Onanas and JTs and Coady without him IMO. So we need to be self aware and realistic, up to a tipping point.

On the opposite side, we are also a powerful fan base, we can take down a manager rightly or wrongly. Koeman, Sam, Silva, FSW we took out on fan sentiment, I think the club is to weak on it and some of those managers went yo soon, but the club would also be stupid to ignore it, because it is powerful. What we did at the end of last season proves it. It needs to be harnessed. We are all hoping Frank is that man, the only one who could really cultivate was maybe Davey, even then many fans at the end resented him.

FSW we took out because he won 1 game in 15. Blame the fans for that.

For me....

Gallardo, absolute no.1 choice and leaves his job in December, wouldnt cost alot to buy that contract out.
Tuechel (We were linked with previously, long shot but ask the question).
Roberto Mancini, could we tempt him back to club football with a new project going in to a new stadium?
Marcelo Bielsa, would be good to see the team fighting as that old Leeds side did, I think our fans would be right behind that.
Jorge Sampaoli
Marco Rose
Paulo Fonseca
Thomas Frank
Patrick Vieira
Abel Ferreira
Stefano Pioli

If they fail go and get David Moyes, I dont remember a time when a David Moyes side was ever found being out worked by an opponent and took an average West Ham side in to Europe. I remember alot of fans moaning about his style of play but it was far far superior to what we are seeing now......

Absolutely should have got Galtier when we had the chance!
Why would you pay Gallardo's contract out when he won't have one next month ?

Has Bielsa ever won anything mert ?

Moyes relegated Sunderland & nearly relegated Sociadad & has West Ham just as bad as us.

Why would Vierra leave Palace ?

Gaultier was never ever happening.

The rest ain't ever happening.

Get back to Footie Manager mate.

Why would you pay Gallardo's contract out when he won't have one next month ?

Has Bielsa ever won anything mert ?

Moyes relegated Sunderland & nearly relegated Sociadad & has West Ham just as bad as us.

Why would Vierra leave Palace ?

Gaultier was never ever happening.

The rest ain't ever happening.

Get back to Footie Manager mate.

Don`t start him off, he`ll come back with more spread sheets, clips from Jason Cundy and a load of pie charts, that he`s knocked up in his games room.

Status
Not open for further replies.