Do you want Frank Lampard sacked? Yes or No?

Do you want Lampard sacked?

• Yes

Votes: 173 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 658 79.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he won’t be sacked. and he shouldn’t be as of now,look at leicester looked awful

stuck with they’re guy.

we will stick with ours he will get money to spend the WC has come at the correct time
It's a good point re: Leicester. They did indeed look to be dead under Rodgers, but he turned it around.

I've a feeling he'll get to the start of January barring something disastrous in the remaining post w/c fixtures this year.

It's a good point re: Leicester. They did indeed look to be dead under Rodgers, but he turned it around.

I've a feeling he'll get to the start of January barring something disastrous in the remaining post w/c fixtures this year.
The main argument agains this is that Rogers has a track record of being a successful manager. Lampard’s previous experience doesn’t suggest he can get us moving the right way.

Might be wrong of course but it’s risky that he hasn’t been able to improve us much since he joined and we are in a worst position going into Xmas this year than we were under benitez…with us having had pretty favorable fixtures all in all.

The main argument agains this is that Rogers has a track record of being a successful manager. Lampard’s previous experience doesn’t suggest he can get us moving the right way.

Might be wrong of course but it’s risky that he hasn’t been able to improve us much since he joined and we are in a worst position going into Xmas this year than we were under benitez…with us having had pretty favorable fixtures all in all.
It's not even our choice. Depends on how the board view things. It may suit them to wait, depending who is available, particularly if the Martinez rumours are true.

I do find the 'Lampard has no track record' narrative a bit odd. He did get Derby to the Play Offs and Chelsea into the Champions league, albeit struggled his second season.

You could argue the two previous experienced and decorated managers we had also looked to utter struggle to impose a style or identity. Results and performances were underwhelming for both.

Similarly, Arteta had a woeful run with Arsenal, looked lost, but turned it around. Arguably with less direct managerial experience.

Context, of course, all plays a part and all we're in different situations. It's not looking good at the moment and it will take a real turnaround to convince. What I'm basically saying is I think he'll be given a chance to do that. But it may not be an extended one.

Yes and it needs to be soon.

Villa got rid of Gerrard who's Villa record is astonishingly better than Frank's here, moved and got a proper manager in who's transformed them already beating two of the top sides in the league.

It's very naïve to think that a new attacker in January changes things completely for Lampard, he's shown very little to suggest he knows how to set this team up for success.

It's not even our choice. Depends on how the board view things. It may suit them to wait, depending who is available, particularly if the Martinez rumours are true.

I do find the 'Lampard has no track record' narrative a bit odd. He did get Derby to the Play Offs and Chelsea into the Champions league, albeit struggled his second season.

You could argue the two previous and experienced and decorated managers we had also looked to utter struggle to impose a style or identity. Results and performances were underwhelming for both.

Similarly, Arteta had a woeful run with Arsenal, looked lost, but turned it around. Arguably with less direct managerial experience.

Context, of course, all plays a part and all we're in different situations. It's not looking good at the moment and it will take a real turnaround to convince. What I'm basically saying is I think he'll be given a chance to do that. But it may not be an extended one.
Yeah fair points. I do reckon that Lampard will get the wolves/city/Brighton games…contingency plan will be Martinez imo. It feels like the way this everton board will be thinking.

leicester couldn't afford to sack leicester

due to his contract, his severance package would have been in excess of 10 mil or something

I don't want him gone but the lack of a style of play is very troubling. Guys like Arteta went into arsenal and used a playstyle regardless of the players available. The least we could do was try that here this season since we could not do it last season. But instead we have no style, no plan, just aimless running about. He needs to fix it because honestly if we lose to that awful Wolves team he should resign immediately.

Yes and it needs to be soon.

Villa got rid of Gerrard who's Villa record is astonishingly better than Frank's here, moved and got a proper manager in who's transformed them already beating two of the top sides in the league.

It's very naïve to think that a new attacker in January changes things completely for Lampard, he's shown very little to suggest he knows how to set this team up for success.
Villa have much better players.

Gutted Lampard's under achieving and whilst I want stability and a long term stint from a manager it's worrying to think it may be down to the no hoper clash with City after the break.

If that happened it's be unforgivable by the board. If there's any thought in their heads of sacking the man it must be now, right now.

Give someone else the luxury of a pressure free 6 week break to learn about the squad and do their own thing in the January window. Senseless swapping boss's again in January, have we not learned any lessons during this terrrible year?

Status
Not open for further replies.