2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
His days were fewer and further in between by the end though.. but Mykolenko has been at best average for us since he signed so he has definitely not been an upgrade so far.
Hopefully he gets better while Lucas will continue to decline and we can look back at it as a good bit of business.
Actually agree with that.. I feel it was a good time to let Digne go… it allowed us to get maximum cash for an asset that would have begun a decline.. we like to milk our best players passed there sell by dates when we could still use them as leverage to improve the side… anyway..

The main issue I was seeing was the usual nonsense of discrediting a good player cos he is no longer with us.. by and large we hardly missed a step when he took over form Baines.. that says everything how good he was!

Myko is alright. I have no issue.. am curious how good this Vinegre guy is

….of course we have, but Mykolenko is not a serious upgrade on Digne.

Selling one player to tread water at the position and pick up another starter is an upgrade. The upgrade just isn't at LB.

Premier League player stats for the season suggest otherwise:

Tackles - Mykolneko has made more than Digne
Clearances - Mykolonko has made more than Digne
Headed Clearances - Mykolenko has made more than Digne
Blocks - Mykolenko has made the same amount as Digne

I do like Myko but he certainly isn't no world beater. Yes he is better defensively then digne but digne is 10x the player in the attacking sense, and on his day he was absolutely fab for us. so I really don't get any of the slating of the lad. he really bought into our club and wore are shirt with pride, he also saw what most of us already knew that we had some filthy scum in charge that was intent in ruining our great club and he stood up to him and got pushed out the door for it.
Yes he is gone now but he doesn't deserve any disrespect as a player for us. Maybe its really coming from people that are still sad he's gone but don't want to put blame on the 'fat man' that nearly sunk us.

as for Myko or Digne, they our 2 totally different types of player with different strengths to there game.
maybe think of it this way, if both players were here now at lamps disposal and we hadn't just gone through a season of near capitulation where his whole mindset hadn't been forced to get stuck in solidifying the defence first. which name would be on his team sheet.

Nobody is saying Myko isn't a good defender Dave. He's boss. Some would just like a bit more from him going forward.

Still young though. One step at a time. At least he's left footed. A good trait for a left back back. No?

I do like Myko but he certainly isn't no world beater. Yes he is better defensively then digne but digne is 10x the player in the attacking sense, and on his day he was absolutely fab for us. so I really don't get any of the slating of the lad. he really bought into our club and wore are shirt with pride, he also saw what most of us already knew that we had some filthy scum in charge that was intent in ruining our great club and he stood up to him and got pushed out the door for it.
Yes he is gone now but he doesn't deserve any disrespect as a player for us. Maybe its really coming from people that are still sad he's gone but don't want to put blame on the 'fat man' that nearly sunk us.

as for Myko or Digne, they our 2 totally different types of player with different strengths to there game.
maybe think of it this way, if both players were here now at lamps disposal and we hadn't just gone through a season of near capitulation where his whole mindset hadn't been forced to get stuck in solidifying the defence first. which name would be on his team sheet.
I don't think this is about Digne, or Mykolenko for that matter. It's about Benitez.

That doesn't necessarily tell us a lot out of context. If teams are attacking Myko and attacking Villa down the opposite flank, you're going to see that result.

I would say that Digne can be up and down defensively, and may be in not so hot of a stretch.

Nobody is saying Myko isn't a good defender Dave. He's boss. Some would just like a bit more from him going forward.

Still young though. One step at a time. At least he's left footed. A good trait for a left back back. No?

Nah mate, playing inverted full backs is going to be the next phase in evolution of footballing tactics . After that 5”5 centre backs … watch this space

Status
Not open for further replies.