2022/23 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to improve his attacking output and even distribution at times. He has a decent left foot and can be quite clever in spells, so I think his distribution/composure will be fine. but In comparison to Baines and Digne, he’s lacking in the forward sense.

That being said, I think Baines in particular, had wide players who wanted to link up and connect. Gray and Gordon would much rather dribble/shoot than one/two or link up. So stylistically, Mykolenko is essentially playing with wide forwards as opppsed to wide midfielders. A little different.

But as Everton left backs go, I’ve seen a lot worse, and he’s actually quite a solid defender in my opinion. Good competitor, quick enough to recover and tenacious.

…..I’ve always thought he’s just ‘ok’, I still think he’s just ‘ok’.
Good in a back 4, bad in a back 5, agree with the ok though. Hopefully Patterson can continue to come on and make Mykolenko’s offensive frailties less of an issue.

He’s a very solid full back who’s done really well to come in and sure up the left hand to the point where it isn’t even talked about anymore. He’s got a nice touch about him and does well at close quarter intricate play so it’s not as if he is technically limited.

As for developing a young left back further up the field then you couldn’t really wish for two better role models than Leighton Baines and Ashley Cole, who both happen to be training him.

He’s had an understated but really impressive year settling in so far. Stands to reason there’s more to come. Put it this way I really do not miss Lucas Digne.

A big thank you to the FSW for sending that pansy to Villa.

We have a soldier.
AF62CC3A-C3C2-4F85-AF50-FEEEF9E30FE7.jpeg

Came across a bit, well you know!

Status
Not open for further replies.