Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be absolutely devastated if we don't pick up all three points here with just potentially two injuries to our best starting XI in Lewin and Patterson.

Southampton are appalling coming into this on the back of two consecutive defeats.

I think that midfield three and back line needs to carefully time their tackles around our box as there is arguably nobody better in Europe at striking a free kick than Ward Prowse.

Optimistically, going for a 2-1 to us, with another sweet Maupay strike followed by a header by one of our centre backs.

Will be absolutely devastated if we don't pick up all three points here with just potentially two injuries to our best starting XI in Lewin and Patterson.

Southampton are appalling coming into this on the back of two consecutive defeats.

I think that midfield three and back line needs to carefully time their tackles around our box as there is arguably nobody better in Europe at striking a free kick than Ward Prowse.

Optimistically, going for a 2-1 to us, with another sweet Maupay strike followed by a header by one of our centre backs.
They're like two different teams home & away. At home they always give us a game - they seem to get an extra boost of energy at St Mary's.

I remember two seasons ago when they ended our winning run under Ancelotti. They really ran us ragged that day and really exposed the lack of mobility in that side.

They're like two different teams home & away. At home they always give us a game - they seem to get an extra boost of energy at St Mary's.

I remember two seasons ago when they ended our winning run under Ancelotti. They really ran us ragged that day and really exposed the lack of mobility in that side.
It’s amazing what 20,000 of the prawn sandwich brigade’s finest can do for a team!

I think we had a few weird injuries that time, James played but was really in no shape to be doing so

I wanted to add to my post that "that said, they are exactly the team that, despite being crap, could turn up on the day and turn us over".

That said, however, with Coady, Tarkowski and three midfielders controlling the park, I really do fancy our chances against most teams outside of the Sly 6 nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.