We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the capture of Lukaku I think RM have two prioritylists.

List 1:

A striker
A winger
An AM

List 2 (nice to get, but not desperate need)

CD
LB/RB
GK

We need a backupstriker. Kone hasn't shown anything to impress me so far and if Lukaku need a rest or get injured, we need another reliable striker.

We are weak on the wings behind Mirallas/Pienaar/McGeady. Pienaar is getting older and McGeady (like Kone) hasn't shown me anything to indicate he is ready to make a starting position his. Mirallas and Coleman can whip things in from the right, and we've seen how Baines/Pienaar can work on the left side when both are fit. But Pienaar has been injured and another creative winger would be ideal.

And we need a sub for Barkley.

I don't know which of these positions we'll get permanent transfers for and which will go to loaned players. RM has also showed he is ready to give youths a chance, but I can't see us having a youngster ready to step up in these positions yet.

Another quality striker is a must for me above all else. Rom will almost certainly have a great season but he can't do all on his own regardless of how well Naismith or Kone MIGHT do. If Rom gets injured then we would be significantly weakened. I would like to see us go for Remy.

In fact, if we had a decent amount of money left* I'd look into getting Remy.

*I realise that we probably don't.

Hakim Ziyech would be perfect for us, 21 years old, had a breakthrough season last year in the dutch league, was in the dutch provisional 30 WC Squad. Plays Attacking Mide, Out Wide and in middle, so provides cover and competition for Wide positions and for Ross. He has one year left on his contract so should be affordable. Plus I had read previously that RM was interested in him...

Hakim Ziyech would be perfect for us, 21 years old, had a breakthrough season last year in the dutch league, was in the dutch provisional 30 WC Squad. Plays Attacking Mide, Out Wide and in middle, so provides cover and competition for Wide positions and for Ross. He has one year left on his contract so should be affordable. Plus I had read previously that RM was interested in him...

great minds......!

The title of this thread scares me a bit. We've never really made a signing like this before.

We don't have all the old excuses about not being able to sign our top targets this year. Rhetorically, we're flying without a net.

I want Rafael.

Can play as a number 7, 10 or 11. Would push Barkley and our wingers on either flank for a starting place. Smashing little player

If we had the required dosh left then throw it all on firmino, likes of a hunterlaar or llorente would be dreamland, tap up bayern, madrid and barca for out of favour talent for loans

Be happy to see someone lije gil or alcazar arrive bringing in more youth with massive upside

One of the young lads lambert signed but actualy 25 now...whats the reason hes only played 15games last season?

Seems like he hasnt performed in a poor villa side.

Neither did Coleman in a poor Blackpool side, or Barkley in a poor Sheffield Wednesday/Leeds side. Just from watching him personally, he seems like he has all the necessary components to fit Martinez's style perfectly, whilst being cheap, and would jump at the chance to sit on our bench, and only play League Cup games. Had a cracking 12/13 season as well, I think he may have faced injuries last year? Either that or Lambert's just an idiot

Edit: He seems to have had a fall out with Lambert over being late for training, and attitude in general. Would have to sort that out.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/06/matt-...much-potential-to-let-it-go-to-waste-4430226/

Top 4 - Need another quality striker, creative quality playmaker in the middle, another quality center half and a top keeper to keep howard on his toes. I think it,s beyond us.

Cup - We could win domestic silverware with our best 11 we have now and they have to be available for selection from the off for each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.