We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would only class Osman and Barkley as attacking mid's (As in behind the forward)

We need someone who can unlock a defence, Barkley played 27 PL games 6 goals 0 assists, Osman 27 games 3 goals 4 assists

Not good enough for players who are behind the front man imo

Oh I agree, but I don't think that's our priority.

We need more forward attackers. Having Lukaku is brilliant, and Naismith does a great job against certain teams. But if (god forbid) Lukaku gets injured for a long period, then we've only got Naismith and Kone as starters (Mirallas could play up there, but he didn't look much when he did in that position last season). I don't think they've got enough goals between them to get us through any long periods without our top goalscorer.

I think we will see Piennar deployed in the hole a lot more this season. Maybe that is just me 'wishful thinking' because I think he would be a real asset coming on in the last 20 mins when defences are tight. He has that vision to pick a pass in an around the box as well as the ability to drift out wide. He would be difficult to pick up when defenders are tired.

That Lukaku deal will have a snowball effect. A few more first team contenders will sign. I reckon some players that have been stalling or maybe even rejected a move are turning there heads and thinking 'that Roberto lad wasn't bullshiting, dam it.'

I know it's been said but what a young team we have. If it's kept together it can only improve season after season. Like that is so assuring isn't it. Never had a team of this quality and so young. I always think Everton will win the league at the start of the season and I guess I'll have to take another season or two before that optimism is bet out of me.

I reckon people are forgetting we have Gibson back too.

Having gibson back is perfect. It allows us not to worry about Barry's age as much. He can be rested. I just hope Gibbo has a full season, because so far in preseason he looked great.

No, what I am saying is wouldn't it be nice to have a more experienced attacking midfielder for Barkley to learn from, Someone who he could rotate with, He's only 20 and at the min he's very raw, I think another quality AM would be great for the side

Osman is not the answer

If Ross plays less this season than he did last season (barring injuries) then it would be shocking management from Roberto. He's gonna rip some new arseholes this season.

Did you watch the vid I posted in the Ross thread? Even I'd forgot quite how brilliant this kid is. Go watch it mate. His strength, close control, and speed take your breath away.

I think we will see Piennar deployed in the hole a lot more this season. Maybe that is just me 'wishful thinking' because I think he would be a real asset coming on in the last 20 mins when defences are tight. He has that vision to pick a pass in an around the box as well as the ability to drift out wide. He would be difficult to pick up when defenders are tired.

I think that's going to be Pienaars role this season. Coming on late if we need to swap tactics against stubborn teams. I don't expect Pienaar to start many games this season. Mirallas and McGeady will be our mains wingers this season.

Need another striker. Rom is our number 1, but Kone is out until October(?), or so I heard. And what happens if Rom gets hurt?

Don't like the Remy shouts, he'll cost too much in wages, not to mention he's failed multiple medicals and QPR seem to want to get rid of him. Red flags all over the joint, and that's before talking about how...rapey he allegedly is.

Traore would do I'd suspect, or someone of that caliber - good enough to start for us at a push and give Lukaku competition, but perhaps with something to prove so they wouldn't command a huge fee/wages.

Agree that we need a winger or two. Mirallas is ace and I suspect McGeady will prove useful, but Pienaar is getting on a bit and Oviedo will be a square peg in a round hole. Someone to take the starting left side and make it their own would be brilliant.

Remy will be £11.5 for us as we didn't come 4th or higher. Way too expensive for us now considering he'd only be a rotational player. If we get Henen in I'd be fine with not buying another striker, maybe traore on loan would be good. What I'd like to spend money on is a player who can play anywhere across the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, someone who can pick a pass and set up goals. Think someone in the mould of hazard or cazorla, but cheaper. I think Naismith and Kone could score 15 goals between them with proper service.

I think we could negotiate Remy down to £8million but we'd have to assess his medical situation to see if it's a plausible transfer. With Remy I think we could occasionally push Lukaku into the right forward role and play a similar tactic we used against Arsenal whenever Martinez sees fit. We could also use a formation which involves two strikers confidently with a player like Remy (if we need to).

We´re going to miss Barca lad massively this season. We really need a winger.

I disagree, although his talent is undebatable I do believe a lot of the time Deulofeu was playing for himself rather than the team.

From the daily mail today : Everton are poised to sign Cristian Atsu ahead of other rivals for the Ghanaian's signature. Everton are signing David Henen from Anderlecht and have an interest in taking Lacina Traore back on loan from Monaco also. Three signings like that would be quality. I can definately see a few more arriving before the window shuts

Adama Traore on loan from Barca would be perfect in my opinion. A winger with fantastic speed but also play as striker. Use your Connections, Roberto and get him for us.

Agree with this. I went to watch Sporting Gijon v Barca 2 last year and whilst he looked raw, he also looked a more rounded player than Delafoue - or him for a second season would do.

Also need a right back as cover for Seamus whilst Jon-Jo Kenny develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.