We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the daily mail today : Everton are poised to sign Cristian Atsu ahead of other rivals for the Ghanaian's signature. Everton are signing David Henen from Anderlecht and have an interest in taking Lacina Traore back on loan from Monaco also. Three signings like that would be quality. I can definately see a few more arriving before the window shuts

Sky Sports Transfer Centre: "Atsu's preferred destination is Everton"!

As a few have said another striking option and a left winger would be great if we can get the right ones in. If we do manage that then I believe we have the potential to get into the top 4. We can also challenge in the cups and I really believe we can win one of them. It's over the next 3 seasons though that I see us really start to step it up. This season might be a bit soon but as long as we see improvement desire and sexy football I'll be a happy fan. Besides surely with a team and manager as young and hungry as ours success is just around the corner.

I would only class Osman and Barkley as attacking mid's (As in behind the forward)

We need someone who can unlock a defence, Barkley played 27 PL games 6 goals 0 assists, Osman 27 games 3 goals 4 assists

Not good enough for players who are behind the front man imo

There's also Naismith and Barkley doesn't really play that No10 role, he sort of plays a box to box midfielder and the left sided winger drifts into the middle.

From the daily mail today : Everton are poised to sign Cristian Atsu ahead of other rivals for the Ghanaian's signature. Everton are signing David Henen from Anderlecht and have an interest in taking Lacina Traore back on loan from Monaco also. Three signings like that would be quality. I can definately see a few more arriving before the window shuts

So that just leaves a left sided play maker and cover for Coleman.

Which given we have McGeady and Pienaar we're probably not going to go for another one and since Hibbert was given a new contract maybe Bobby thinks he'll be enough.

If that's the case if we get those players I wouldn't be surprised if that's us done for this window unless something very unexpected happens.

Not a priority, but I'd love to see Frederik Sorensen sign for us. Been class at both CB and RB in Serie A; 22 years old; 6'4 and can head a ball, so perhaps we'd actually pose a genuine aerial threat from corners for a change; future partner for Stones at CB; and available for about £3m. Would also slot into a 3-5-2 (Stones, Jags and Sorensen as the back 3) allowing Leighton and Seamus to do their thing on the wings.

Him and that Ziyech lad from SC Heerenveen, and I'd be set to permafap for the rest of the year.

We´re going to miss Barca lad massively this season. We really need a winger.

It's beyond me when anyone would think this. He'd be even less useful this year when everybody would know his trademark attempt to go round the outside of the right back.

And I'm sure there are still a few crosses he's yet to put in from last season.

He was like a fit bird who talks to you at a party then leaves on her own before midnight. Yeah you can boast to your mates that you did some serious groundwork but at the end of the day you're standing there with half a hard on wondering what more you could have done.

i think more importantly than new players is what needs doing on the training ground now .
we let silly goals in , we could score more , we could be more fluid in movement , we could be better finding that killer pass into the final third , and our dead ball situations need work.
corners for example were dire last year

We only need a winger now i reckon (Atsu) and id beef up the squad again with another loan! Ideally we need a better sub keeper, Joels turd

I still think that if we are serious about top 4 we need at least 3-4 new faces in. We could get an injury in any position and cant afford to carry players. I think we need first team ready cover for each position.
I think in the attacking areas we need 2 covers, as options are vital in this area. From what I can work out the understudies we have are:

Howard- Robles
Coleman- Hibbert
Jags- Stones
Distin- Alcaraz
Baines- Garbutt- Oviedo
McCarthy- Besic
Barry- Gibson
Mirralas- Mcgeady
Pienaar- Osman
Barkley- Naismith
Lukaku- Kone

To me this is still a little worrying in the attacking areas.
When we struggle to break teams down we will need attacking options from the bench and I think we are only a few injuries away from not having any. You could make the argument that the likes of Kennedy, McAleny, Lundstrum and Ledson could fill these gaps but I dont think any of these could be relied on. I also think it would be good if we could send these out on loan.
I rekon a striker, a creative attacking mid that can cover the wings and a young pacey winger and I will be very happy.

would mcgeady be deulofeu's replacement ? ie we wasnt meant to be getting him till the summer but we got him in january . but as it stands maybe another wide man just for cover (what gueye was) would be prudent.

as for a left sided central defender , besic can play there.

the main playing position worry for me is kone relapsing and getting injured again.
said it last night and i will say it again , id go for cahill. chelsea are doing it with drogba , an experienced impact player to help coach and fill in when needed.

If Ross plays less this season than he did last season (barring injuries) then it would be shocking management from Roberto. He's gonna rip some new arseholes this season.

Did you watch the vid I posted in the Ross thread? Even I'd forgot quite how brilliant this kid is. Go watch it mate. His strength, close control, and speed take your breath away.

I don't need to watch a vid, I know how good the lad is and what he brings

The fact remains that he played 27 league games and provided zero assists, That is very very poor for someone who plays in his position

Let's get Traore back! Then we have four striking options:

- The powerful goal-getter, Lukaku
- The pacy forward man, Kone
- The lanky route one fella, Traore
- The ghosting-in-the-box-Albino, Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.