We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuddersfieldToffee

Player Valuation: £8m
How has signing Lukaku, which is a great signing, changed our opinions on how we will do this year? We still have a good youth system and a good, young team with plenty of talent - how far can we go? How well will we do in the Europa League? Do we have the squad to compete properly in both?

we need to add some squad depth, we're going to have a lot more matches than last season and injuries did us in Jan/Feb as it was.

We certainly need another forward and possibly a centre half

We definitely need another striker to give Rom a rest, or as an alternative, as it stands still only ROM and Kone. If Rom was to get injured (god forbid) would we be confident going in against the better teams?

I think we have plenty of depth, with a couple of experienced players for most positions, plus some decent youngsters coming through. The weakest spot for me is in the wide areas, so it will be interesting to see if Martinez sees the likes of Oviedo or even Garbutt playing further forward. There doesn't seem any indication that the younger players (Kennedy et al) are ready to step up this season and I'd be a bit wary of going in with just Pienaar, McGeady and Mirallas as the wide players.

We do need more depth.
We have the same team as last season now, with Besic replacing Deulofeu. We havent improved the side yet.
Need another quality striker at least.

A wide right player will come in, we have Peinaar, Mcgeady and when fit Oviedo for left side and Mirallas who can play either and from the youth Kennedy so one more to bolster that area IMO.

He has already said he needed 3 attackers, so another striker on loan.

Maybe another centre half depending on if he feels he can trust Duffy.

We do need more depth.
We have the same team as last season now, with Besic replacing Deulofeu. We havent improved the side yet.
Need another quality striker at least.

Certainly more strength in depth though as we have Gibson and Besic available as well as Kone which we didn't have last season.

The future is bright with our young team. I have very high hopes. I think pushing for 4th is probably the aim again this season, but in future season I can see this side going places.

Status
Not open for further replies.