We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like another forward to take the weight off Lukakus shoulders. I wouldn't mind seeing Lukaku have the odd rest and come off the bench when we play teams who park the bus, 30 minutes against a tired defence and all that. We also need another right sided midfielder to give Mirallas some competion, although I prefer him on the left anyway. That aside, we just need Messi to give Ross a bit of competition.

Can't believe Del hates Barkley and wants him to get released. Honestly what kind of blue...

i think more importantly than new players is what needs doing on the training ground now .
we let silly goals in , we could score more , we could be more fluid in movement , we could be better finding that killer pass into the final third , and our dead ball situations need work.
corners for example were dire last year

Always look on the bright side of life...de do, de do de do de do......

Always look on the bright side of life...de do, de do de do de do......
lol not being negative really , just saying theres always room for improvement in aspects of our game play and its not just a case of more personnel .
when we win every game 3-0 and have a maximum 114 points and win 4 trophies ,only then will there be no room for any improvement on the training field.

If you think its a good return for an attacking midfielder then that's sound

I believe I've already said it's something he needs to add, but he WILL DO.

As has already been pointed out to you, stats can be misleading. The boy makes things happen. First choice mate. End of.

Where to begin?
Lets start with the back and go from there. Although it isn't imperative a left footer as a long term replacement for Distin would be nice, theres been chatter that Besic can play CB and has such great distribution that Martinez is looking to hone a partnership between him and Stones.
Howard is still great, one of the keepers of the WC but Robles makes my heart very sad. Perhaps hes getting a bad beat but his games have been the stuff of nightmares so far.
Hibbert has been out for near 2 years now and its a rarity where a player actually comes back fully in their 30's after such a time out, some form of RB cover even youth prospect is likely important.
The way I see Man City they appear to be wanting Richards gone but there dont seem to be many takers, if he ends up staying he'll block their reduced CL homegrown quota and just maybe MArtinez will score Rodwell on loan after all. (City only require 4 homegrown players(?) and in Hart, Milner, Richards and Rodwell thats their allocation set).
Interchangable wide players and hopefully a much improved Pienaar (who I reckon could get played a lot more as an AM) see our positions in front of the fullbacks addressed and settled.
We have plenty of options in the middle, and although there is concern that only Lukaku is of quality enough to lead the line, maybe we'll get Traore back, can't see us getting Hernandez now (although he's somehow 4th choice) and with the setup we'll play the pain and suffering we'll take will be seen more at AM than anywhere else. Theres a massive bullseye on Barkleys back now, a marked man and sides with hatchet men will look to get stuck into him instead of heavyweight Lukaku.

Dream scenario, 3 more additions, Rodwell for CB, Clyne for RB, Hernandez for Striker/Support striker. The Lukaku money is the Fellaini money so really we ought to have a few quid to gather together to go again, but the issue will be wages - like it always is - I have no doubt we have upped the pay ceiling we once had and slowly the average wage throughout the squad will significantly increase. What we have relied on previously is a smaller squad with a bit of extra quality and relying on luck to see us avoid injury and suspensions, with a hefty EL schedule as well as punching our weight in the league the mass of games will tell a tale on what is a small squad by comparrison.
It'd be a miracle to expect Martinez to get 3 loans in as successful as last summers, Barry was a masterstroke, Lukaku was genius and Deloufeou was an unknown quantity that sparkled at times and was off the game at others.

Doing ourselves our due in the league is for me paramount, its our bread and butter, contempt for the league cup with the stretch of the EL to contend with and a fair FA cup run would be great but we could be done in by the time it kicks off.

Glad we havnt lost anyone, glad we have kept the most consistent of the loanees and looking forward to the season. Bring on 14-15.

I'd like another forward to take the weight off Lukakus shoulders. I wouldn't mind seeing Lukaku have the odd rest and come off the bench when we play teams who park the bus, 30 minutes against a tired defence and all that. We also need another right sided midfielder to give Mirallas some competion, although I prefer him on the left anyway. That aside, we just need Messi to give Ross a bit of competition.

nail on head the reason why lukaku went off the boil at times was he had to much weight on his shoulders, the lads amazing at times coming off the bench you seen it for west brom where he was used a lot as a super sub and netted 17 goals, you seen it for us against west ham he came on 2nd half and looked amazing and even against the USA at the WC off the bench and knocked a US player flying off the ball and smashed it in the back of the net we will need that at times IMO, get traore and Atsu both in loan, would love De Vrij as Stones's long term CB partner but wont happen sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.