We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant help thinking kenny and pennington will be fast tracked but seems as if you know your onions on villa. Anyone else of their supposed young players whose decent-ive always rated delph.

Neither did Coleman in a poor Blackpool side, or Barkley in a poor Sheffield Wednesday/Leeds side. Just from watching him personally, he seems like he has all the necessary components to fit Martinez's style perfectly, whilst being cheap, and would jump at the chance to sit on our bench, and only play League Cup games. Had a cracking 12/13 season as well, I think he may have faced injuries last year? Either that or Lambert's just an idiot

Edit: He seems to have had a fall out with Lambert over being late for training, and attitude in general. Would have to sort that out.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/06/matt-...much-potential-to-let-it-go-to-waste-4430226/

Another striker --who?

Playmaker- whose position would he take though as its barkley / osman / naismith in that position.

Centre back - Next year I think.

Goalkeeper - Hes just bought robles last year so wont get another in.

Top 4 - Need another quality striker, creative quality playmaker in the middle, another quality center half and a top keeper to keep howard on his toes. I think it,s beyond us.

Cup - We could win domestic silverware with our best 11 we have now and they have to be available for selection from the off for each game.

I cant help thinking kenny and pennington will be fast tracked but seems as if you know your onions on villa. Anyone else of their supposed young players whose decent-ive always rated delph.

Not really knowing my stuff tbh mate, saw him a couple times for Sheffield United on tv towards the end of that season, and thought he'd be great in the prem, then Villa signed him, so I kept loose tabs on him! I just think we'll struggle over the next couple seasons, before they are ready, if Coleman gets injured.

And for what it's worth 95% of that Villa squad are poor, think they'll go down this year if I'm to be honest

I think we will see the Henen and Galloway deals go through.

I then think he will look at a couple of loans, one striker and one wide player. Maybe traore back and someone like atsu.

Depends how much is left in the pot really. He may go for another wide player on a permanent but I can't see us having massive amounts left to spend.

Really? We have long list of players who could play in that position (albeit not all naturally). Barkley, Osman, McGeady, Pienaar, Mirallas, Naismith.

I would only class Osman and Barkley as attacking mid's (As in behind the forward)

We need someone who can unlock a defence, Barkley played 27 PL games 6 goals 0 assists, Osman 27 games 3 goals 4 assists

Not good enough for players who are behind the front man imo

All are rubbish in that position, our style needs an attacking fullback with loads of pace although maybe we would just switch to 3 at the back.

I don't know anything about Kenny but it doesn't appear he's that kind of player either plus he's probably at least 3 years away.

We should have gone for DeAndre Yedlin who now looks off to Roma.

It's all a matter of opinion but i really don't think Jonjoe Kenny is 3 years away, in fact i think he may well be the most ready out of the youngsters to start making inroads into the first team this season. Looks to have a very mature head on him

I would only class Osman and Barkley as attacking mid's (As in behind the forward)

We need someone who can unlock a defence, Barkley played 27 PL games 6 goals 0 assists, Osman 27 games 3 goals 4 assists

Behave. Barkley is our first choice in that role next season. End of. Or do you want to see him benched or played instead of James Mac?

ah.. right so we'll just not play Barkley now he's bothered to sign a new extension then?

Behave. Barkley is our first choice in that role next season. End of. Or do you want to see him benched or played instead of James Mac?

No, what I am saying is wouldn't it be nice to have a more experienced attacking midfielder for Barkley to learn from, Someone who he could rotate with, He's only 20 and at the min he's very raw, I think another quality AM would be great for the side

Osman is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.