We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Rodwell but we really don't need him now we have McCarthy, Barry, Besic and Gibson, it would be pointless signing him. We still need another forward in case of injuries to Rom and a winger for me.

Gibson, Oviedo, Kone and Besic are all additions that we didnt have at the end of the season.

The squad is bulking out all over the place, we will sign more players, this isnt Everton.

I don't want to see us becoming all Aston Villa and flooding the team with kids, but I'd really like to see some of the youth strikers (Long, Hope, McAleny) given some meaningful pitch time, perhaps in the easier EL ties and the League Cup.

We only play one up front, and have two senior strikers to fill that position, plus the option of Naismith. We're not that badly off. Of course, you could say Kone is rubbish, but that's another thing isn't it?

I think we're alright up front in terms of numbers, with a few youngsters maybe pressing for games here and there.

We only play one up front, and have two senior strikers to fill that position, plus the option of Naismith. We're not that badly off. Of course, you could say Kone is rubbish, but that's another thing isn't it?

I think we're alright up front in terms of numbers, with a few youngsters maybe pressing for games here and there.

Agreed, another proven striker would be nice, but not essential. Lukaku, Kone (whatever you think of him, he's scored in this league for a piss poor team), Naismith knows where the goal is, Miralles...Maybe some of the kids. (Though I don't think Hope will make it at this level)

We need a proper link man, a Beardsley type......for little money.

I'd have Nathan Redmond off Norwich and maybe someone like Jordan Rhodes as cover for Big Rom. Problem is, that would probably cost us another £15 million. Roberto will sort it any how!

Agreed, another proven striker would be nice, but not essential. Lukaku, Kone (whatever you think of him, he's scored in this league for a piss poor team), Naismith knows where the goal is, Miralles...Maybe some of the kids. (Though I don't think Hope will make it at this level)

We need a proper link man, a Beardsley type......for little money.
Valbuena!

Onwards and upwards I say. Not sure if we have a pot left to piss in after yesterday but think there are still some loan deals to be done here and there yet!

Not sure that's altogether true. Gibson and Kone are both fit so will add depth in those positions, and Oviedo is available again. The likes of Duffy and Garbutt are also more experienced so will be available for action, plus maybe some of the other young lads.

With Everton as we are, a lot will always depend on injuries. If we lose 2/3 players to season ending injuries quite early on then it will always be a bit of a struggle as we don't have the cash to have an enormous squad.

I expect we'll see 1 or 2 loan players added to the squad now, but it's largely alright I think.

I think we are alright at the moment. I just dont think we can improve on last years positions when we include the extra games we will have to play in Europe (I hope) Everyone else spending huge amounts of money too. Just think we need some more in.

I think we are alright at the moment. I just dont think we can improve on last years positions when we include the extra games we will have to play in Europe (I hope) Everyone else spending huge amounts of money too. Just think we need some more in.

As is always the case, luck will play a big part. We suffered some long-term injuries last season that limited our ability to rotate players in two key areas (holding midfield and striker). Hopefully we shouldn't have those worries this time round.

As for the rest, there's no guarantee that spending will work. Spurs spent heavily last season and were worse than before. Suarez is a big hole for Liverpool to fill, and they showed with the Torres windfall that they are often hopeless at spending wisely. United likewise. They've bolstered their midfield, but their defence looks pretty average now. If van Gaal goes 5-3-2, a back three of Jones, Smalling and Evans is not great, and they have no right back really with Rafael out. It would be hard for them not to improve, but I don't think they'll challenge for the title this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.