We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad looks very decent. We could possibly survive with just Kone and Rom as forwards (given that Kone can get fit in time), but I still feel we need to add a wide midfielder. As it looks we only have Mirallas and McGeady.

I´m sure we´ll get a couple of more players though, Martinez has stated he wants at least 6 additions and so far we have had 3.

Henen will hopefully arrive soon and Galloway.

I would then expect us to use the loan market...

Atsu and possibly Rodwell?

I would love us to try for Kagawa or someone of a similar ilk. This type of player can unlock a stubborn defence. We have back up for CM and DM but I am not sure Barkley is a AM in the purist sense and Leon Osman isn't getting any younger.

Depends on what our wage structure is currently as to what kind of squad player we can go for.

We do need more depth.
We have the same team as last season now, with Besic replacing Deulofeu. We havent improved the side yet.
Need another quality striker at least.

Not sure that's altogether true. Gibson and Kone are both fit so will add depth in those positions, and Oviedo is available again. The likes of Duffy and Garbutt are also more experienced so will be available for action, plus maybe some of the other young lads.

With Everton as we are, a lot will always depend on injuries. If we lose 2/3 players to season ending injuries quite early on then it will always be a bit of a struggle as we don't have the cash to have an enormous squad.

I expect we'll see 1 or 2 loan players added to the squad now, but it's largely alright I think.

I don't want to see us becoming all Aston Villa and flooding the team with kids, but I'd really like to see some of the youth strikers (Long, Hope, McAleny) given some meaningful pitch time, perhaps in the easier EL ties and the League Cup.

Henen will hopefully arrive soon and Galloway.

I would then expect us to use the loan market...

Atsu and possibly Rodwell?

I would love us to try for Kagawa or someone of a similar ilk. This type of player can unlock a stubborn defence. We have back up for CM and DM but I am not sure Barkley is a AM in the purist sense and Leon Osman isn't getting any younger.

Depends on what our wage structure is currently as to what kind of squad player we can go for.

Please please not Rodwell, I can see it being a wasted loan if we do, a bit like the Traore one where we get about 45 minutes out of him and then he's injured for the rest of the season.

Rom was the signing that the success of the summer depended on. Now that's done, we look very strong and we may have sorted our place in the top 6 for the next year or two.

I still think we need another winger. We have Pienaar, Mirallas and McGeady in those positions, who are great options, but I think one more would be nice as Pienaar didn't quite hit top form last year and McGeady still has a bit to prove yet. Atsu would be okay for this position. Although he apparently has a few areas of his game that he needs to improve, he's talented, pacey and would surely do a decent job.

Another striker would be nice too. Traore would solve this problem if we can get him. Not sure about Kone. He's been injured so long. Any injury to Rom does seem to leave us looking weak up top.

even if we get a winger and Traore in we would have stood still in terms of players from the end of last season except we will have added Besic.

think we will get one or two in ,and agian use the loan system for two or three to bulk out the squad.
I would get another back up keeper for Howard as part of that lot a forward and a winger and a playmaker think were lacking a bit of crafty midfielder for certain games like an arteta style player. but its not a bad squad as it stands if gibson and kone stay fit

Please please not Rodwell, I can see it being a wasted loan if we do, a bit like the Traore one where we get about 45 minutes out of him and then he's injured for the rest of the season.

I tend to agree tbh. But if we have enough quality in the side I could see why we MIGHT try and have a look at him for minimal outlay. I honestly never saw the big hype with him but there is clearly a player in him somewhere. A calculated risk that I would be ok with.

Peter Reid and Andy Gray where both injury prone and hadn't fulfilled their potential when we signed them...

even if we get a winger and Traore in we would have stood still in terms of players from the end of last season except we will have added Besic.

Gibson and Kone were injured for the whole season though. Traore played one game.

If they don't get injured this time, the squad's 3 decent players better off.

Status
Not open for further replies.