New Everton Stadium Discussion

there you go jake. Hence I've explained why there are many factors stopping him paying out of his own pocket.

On paper billionaires often have much of their value tied up in assets, it's not that simple.

I expect the stadium rights deal to follow a similar path to Finch Farm, money shifted towards the club via a business he has links with.

it can only ever benefit the club being in partnership with LCC too. Who on earth would have thought we would be in this position 18 months ago??? Not one of us !

The deal for the land and financing of the stadia, shouldn't concern us really, it is being dealt with, by a successful, individual, who has made his money by accounting for one of the worlds most wealthiest men!

we need not worry, we might not understand it all, but I'm quite sure its all for the good of Mr moshiri AND us Evertonians
My concerns are the possible effect of things going wrong on the pitch. As outlandish as that seems right now, this is a long period of repayment.

So the timeline of what needs to happen:

- submitted to cabinet for sign off

- borrowing secured

- planning permission sought

- due diligence on build

- infrastructure such as roads, train stations etc built

- stadium build

- we play there

Quite a few hurdles to go yet though eh.

- borrowing secured

- due diligence on build

- stadium build

- we play there

I'm expecting a lot of that has already been 'rubber stamped' not the whole lot obviously, but I don't think we are starting from scratch as of today, so to speak.

If we have workers on the ground by the end of the year or early next then I will be happy.

- borrowing secured

- due diligence on build

- stadium build

- we play there

I have a feeling that financing is already agreed with a lender. Cabinet aren't going to stop this

Overall fairly confident.

Design and capacity are concerns for me. I hope they are forthcoming soon.

Of interest is who is benefitting from the SPV - this seems Vibrac-esque to me. I half expect that if everything is built and there is success then Moshiri will cash in his chips and someone new will take control. If it were Usmanov with the SPV and take over that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Interesting times ahead.
SPV is made up of ppl from Everton and the council forming a sort of company that then find finance for Everton