New Everton Stadium Discussion

The money wasn't there, the club is on a much much better financial standing now.

We were paying out £6 million in interest alone on our loans pre Moshiri, £20 million on other operating costs etc. As soon as Moshiri came in he cleared the balance sheet, now it's obvious why. There was/is a clear plan in place, one which maximises every financial avenue possible to further the club.

Yes we'll be going back into debt but the money we'all be paying out will now be for a new stadium. Our commercial revenues will greatly increase and I would guess the naming rights will mean the £14 million PA cost will be met with ease. It's a calculated risk but one that is easily manageable.

Anyone doubting Moshiri should note he's already spent close to £200 million of his own money (Buying 49% and clearly the debt). He's a billionaire but he's not on the uber billionaire wealth level, what he lacks in that area though he makes up for with his business know how. This is a decent deal for all parties involved and one that can really push us on.
comparing him to Mansour is stupid as well. He earned his money, he wasn't born into it. He is investing in this club as an intelligent businessman, not some rich kids plaything. He will arrange some favourable financing if it's available. Why should he put his hand in his pocket when it's not necessary?

I love this quote from the Mayorals Recommendation Notice that was issued to Councillors his evening :

"EFC and Liverpool City Council share a common goal : to create a world class, ground-breaking and iconic Stadium in a new location that will be not only a landmark for the City, but also bring about significant investment and regeneration benefits for the City of Liverpool.

This is in stark contrast to the second football club in the city, who have, over the last 20 years, systematically forced people out of their homes with compulsory purchase orders, all so they could ultimately build a new large Lego stand with obstructed views."

That second paragraph may not have actually appeared in the official document....

This is my interpretation as well, I think certain things are a bit more advanced than people are letting on. Esk was adamant that the agreement was signed months ago, I'd imagine a lot is on the "ready to go" pile
I agree. You only have to read the Executive report from the council today to see exactly how much work has been done already. I think LCC have put a lot of work into this and already (IIRC from the report) they've incurred a lot of costs in terms of labour time given over to it that will have to be paid for by the club.

The timing of this has maybe been down to Peel's schedule.

It looks like we are going to be paying back interest to LCC. How do you think we are going to pay back the capital mate, and to who? I have to say I'm a bit alarmed if we are only leasing.

To me, the 'lease' serves two purposes, firstly like with finch farm, not being owned by us gets,around regulations on sponsorship. Secondly to all intents and purposes it is owned by us mate. It's a circumnavigation of the rules, nothing g more.

I agree. You only have to read the Executive report from the council today to see exactly how much work has been done already. I think LCC have put a lot of work into this and already (IIRC from the report) they've incurred a lot of costs in terms of labour time given over to it that will have to be paid for by the club.

The timing of this has maybe been down to Peel's schedule.

it can only ever benefit the club being in partnership with LCC too. Who on earth would have thought we would be in this position 18 months ago??? Not one of us !

The deal for the land and financing of the stadia, shouldn't concern us really, it is being dealt with, by a successful, individual, who has made his money by accounting for one of the worlds most wealthiest men!

we need not worry, we might not understand it all, but I'm quite sure its all for the good of Mr moshiri AND us Evertonians

Low interest(Council deal) is more expensive than no interest(Moshiri's pocket).

Moshiri can't pay out of pocket for players under FFP, that money has to be generated from within the club, nothing stopping him paying out of pocket for the stadium though.
there you go jake. Hence I've explained why there are many factors stopping him paying out of his own pocket.

Finally finished reading all the posts from 1pm today ....
Verdict ...WOW
Reasons.....
Moshy and his crew have pulled a blinder in organising the deal in our best interests
Land will be ours so revenue from all ancillaries bars etc will be our revenue
Stadium loan thru svp company
LCC will ensure infrastructure is in place which will probably be offset by the 4m per year
Peel building the waterfront up-to the ground and beyond
USM ff and arm sponsor pays for the next 5yrs payments to svp so no incumbent debt during stadium build
And a funder offering low rates of interest to svp who as yet is to be declared but me thinks is Russian

Over the moon all I need now is Dan the Man to release a glimpse of his plans

My glasses aren't rose tinted ...they are ROYAL BLUE TINTED today.

Forgot about the naming rights and income from the inside the stadium (bars,concerts conssession stands)....bloody hell it will pay for the SVP loan each year .....

Moshiri you're a bloody BLUE marvel

comparing him to Mansour is stupid as well. He earned his money, he wasn't born into it. He is investing in this club as an intelligent businessman, not some rich kids plaything. He will arrange some favourable financing if it's available. Why should he put his hand in his pocket when it's not necessary?

Due to FFP we can't do a City anyway now.The model needs to be a long term sustainable one.

Moshiri I am certain is here for the long haul, he's not in it to make quick few quid he's already done that time and again elsewhere. The leaps this club has made off the field are quite remarkable.

First team coaching staff replaced, wide and expansive scouting network in place, Further development of Finch Farm (Living quarters), Decent investment in playing staff, Record breaking commercial deals, New Ground further down the line than ever before. Such vast sweeping changes are not indicative of someone just passing through.