New Everton Stadium Discussion

My concerns are the possible effect of things going wrong on the pitch. As outlandish as that seems right now, this is a long period of repayment.

The way this deal has been structured for the stadium, gives us a lot more scope for deals for players. if we were burdened with a £50m a year instalment say, then that would have to be priority, such as when Arsenal built the Emirates, their main priority for 4/5 years was servicing the loan they had to build it. The way we are doing it thro the council, gives us much better rates and over a longer period (which does sound quite significant I agree) ... but I'm thinking if everything goes to plan and we become successful on the pitch, as Moshiri has stated, then we should be in a position to pay the debt off a lot earlier.

I think the debt we will end up with is very manageable, even if things went disasterous on the pitch..

Forgot to ask earlier. It is definitely just the Bramley-Moore and not Nelson Docks as well?
Is BM site alone large enough for these additional revenue possibilities?
I can't answer the bit about Nelson dock .....but Elstone said today "we have control of the land " but BM IS HUGE.
Elstone also said planning permission us now the next hurdle ....with big Joe sitting next to him .....done deal

Last edited:
I know a new stadium is the right thing for the club to 'move forward' and I know it can make me seem like a stick in the mud but I don't want to leave. I know there will be new chapters in the club's history if we move, and moving is the best way for those chapters to be ones of success but I don't know if I want the success to be anywhere but Goodison. I'll probably change my tune when a 30 year old Lukaku scores to win the title at the new site but I just can't imagine it.
I fell in love with Everton at Goodison Park, I have lost my voice too many times to remember there, I have seen some utter crap there, I have seen some moments that seemed unreal there, it's the most static place in my life. Whatever happened, if I moved house, if a girlfriend left me, if I lost a job, there was always Goodison. This news was the first realisation that, at some point very soon, there's never going to be a Saturday at Goodison ever again. The seats my family sat in for over 2 decade will be gone, if I get round to having children, they'll only know what it was like at Goodison Park through the stories I tell them. It'll be fine, because they'll fall for the club in a new stadium, and it'll be their stadium, but I'm not sure it could ever be fully mine. I fell in love with Goodison when I fell in love with Everton and I don't know what it's going to be like when she's not there.

Train to Moorfields, 20 minute walk - done.

Much better than driving, paying for the tunnel, going up to Stanley Park, parking there at extortionate prices, 15 minute walk, then after the match, having to wait in a massive queue just to get back out on to the road again.

...and this is based on the current infrastructure. Perhaps there will be a closer Merseyrail station by then, to ease congestion at other train stations, and perhaps even a regular ferry service for Wirral Evertonians? Boss.

Train to Moorfields, 20 minute walk - done.

Much better than driving, paying for the tunnel, going up to Stanley Park, parking there at extortionate prices, 15 minute walk, then after the match, having to wait in a massive queue just to get back out on to the road again.

...and this is based on the current infrastructure. Perhaps there will be a closer Merseyrail station by then, to ease congestion at other train stations, and perhaps even a regular ferry service for Wirral Evertonians? Boss.

Go to Sandhills mate, in fact go to BMD station when it's built

By my rough calculations, factoring in just a modest increase in ticket prices of say £5 per ticket on average, the increased capacity, the increased merchandise sales, the worthwhile corporate facilities, match program sales, catering business etc etc, the club will easily make an extra £1 Million per home game. Even at only a 50,000 capacity venue.

My concerns are the possible effect of things going wrong on the pitch. As outlandish as that seems right now, this is a long period of repayment.

This is a fair concern given that our season ticket money, naming rights and merchandising cash go into an account we can't touch until the rent is paid. Very secure for LCC, less so for us if things go wrong. You'd hope that the revenue streams, leave us with a bit of room cash flow wise, and am banking on Moshiri's accountancy background to come good for us there.

The other one is the heritage site problem, although the report said early designs have looked to incorporate viewings of the old dock system into the stadium build, for non match day visitors, so it seems like lots of potential problems are being looked at and worked round, which is very positive.