New Everton Stadium Discussion

as long as it looks nothing like Chelsea's remodelled Stamford Bridge
mjcthwqux3l1cow9t641.jpg

Absolutely hideous.
looks like a jellyfish, or a cheap cpu fan

Overall fairly confident.

Design and capacity are concerns for me. I hope they are forthcoming soon.

Of interest is who is benefitting from the SPV - this seems Vibrac-esque to me. I half expect that if everything is built and there is success then Moshiri will cash in his chips and someone new will take control. If it were Usmanov with the SPV and take over that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Interesting times ahead.

Brick warehouse please

I'm expecting things to move a little bit quicker from here. the fact that dan meis has been involved for around 12 months suggests that plans are at an advanced stage. (well they should be at least)

I'm hoping Everton are just playing things down, as not to get our expectations up. However , ive thought this in the past, regards transfers etc etc, only to realise, NO, No they aren't playing things down, they really are behind!!

My only concern is that our totally inept board of old are still there overseeing things, important things, actually imperative things. it does not fill me with confidence thinking Elstone and Bill will be project managers of the stadium build.

Finally finished reading all the posts from 1pm today ....
Verdict ...WOW
Reasons.....
Moshy and his crew have pulled a blinder in organising the deal in our best interests
Land will be ours so revenue from all ancillaries bars etc will be our revenue
Stadium loan thru svp company
LCC will ensure infrastructure is in place which will probably be offset by the 4m per year
Peel building the waterfront up-to the ground and beyond
USM ff and arm sponsor pays for the next 5yrs payments to svp so no incumbent debt during stadium build
And a funder offering low rates of interest to svp who as yet is to be declared but me thinks is Russian

Over the moon all I need now is Dan the Man to release a glimpse of his plans

My glasses aren't rose tinted ...they are ROYAL BLUE TINTED today.
Absolutely vital detail that needs clarification from the club this.

Why couldn't Kenwright do a deal like this? Even for Kings Dock? It's not as if Moshiri's £1.8 Billion is supporting any of it

The money wasn't there, the club is on a much much better financial standing now.

We were paying out £6 million in interest alone on our loans pre Moshiri, £20 million on other operating costs etc. As soon as Moshiri came in he cleared the balance sheet, now it's obvious why. There was/is a clear plan in place, one which maximises every financial avenue possible to further the club.

Yes we'll be going back into debt but the money we'all be paying out will now be for a new stadium. Our commercial revenues will greatly increase and I would guess the naming rights will mean the £14 million PA cost will be met with ease. It's a calculated risk but one that is easily manageable.

Anyone doubting Moshiri should note he's already spent close to £200 million of his own money (Buying 49% and clearly the debt). He's a billionaire but he's not on the uber billionaire wealth level, what he lacks in that area though he makes up for with his business know how. This is a decent deal for all parties involved and one that can really push us on.

I'm expecting things to move a little bit quicker from here. the fact that dan meis has been involved for around 12 months suggests that plans are at an advanced stage. (well they should be at least)

I'm hoping Everton are just playing things down, as not to get our expectations up. However , ive thought this in the past, regards transfers etc etc, only to realise, NO, No they aren't playing things down, they really are behind!!

My only concern is that our totally inept board of old are still there overseeing things, important things, actually imperative things. it does not fill me with confidence thinking Elstone and Bill will be project managers of the stadium build.

This is my interpretation as well, I think certain things are a bit more advanced than people are letting on. Esk was adamant that the agreement was signed months ago, I'd imagine a lot is on the "ready to go" pile

This is all good

Mosh has got his mate to fund it, keeping his cash for players.
Plus we've paid £4m a year to get any planning permission through easy and the new infra structure built.

Tomorrow in work I will just smile, a smile that will create the most intense green eyed rage ever in those mass producing Orcs.

Dockers flat cap ready to wear in Modor next week

NSNO

Finally finished reading all the posts from 1pm today ....
Verdict ...WOW
Reasons.....
Moshy and his crew have pulled a blinder in organising the deal in our best interests
Land will be ours so revenue from all ancillaries bars etc will be our revenue
Stadium loan thru svp company
LCC will ensure infrastructure is in place which will probably be offset by the 4m per year
Peel building the waterfront up-to the ground and beyond
USM ff and arm sponsor pays for the next 5yrs payments to svp so no incumbent debt during stadium build
And a funder offering low rates of interest to svp who as yet is to be declared but me thinks is Russian

Over the moon all I need now is Dan the Man to release a glimpse of his plans

My glasses aren't rose tinted ...they are ROYAL BLUE TINTED today.

reading that has put things back into perspective for me, after all the posts and negativity in this thread, its nice to actually take stock and have a think about our future, and where we will be in 5 years.

it was only 18 months ago, we were flying a plane with a banner over St Mary's, trying to get Martinez and the board out.

We have come along way in a short space of time.

NSNO

COYB

I feel really happy tonight. I used to go to GP when it was the best club ground in the country, when we used to win things, and this announcement is not just about a new ground, this truly is a statement that Everton have woken up and are coming back. There will be many who laugh, but we are on the way back......be afraid, be very afraid......
I'm feeling exactly the same. A real day for celebration. Whenever I take anyone to Goodison I always bore them a bit with the history of the club and the ground as most of them don't know very much about us at all. It really does seem to me that we will be back at the top of the roost again soon. It's been a long wait so make the most of it!!!