New Everton Stadium Discussion

The SPV is the council, not a consortium though. The whole reason for the SPV is to give EFC access to capital markets at the same rates as local Government.

May be that the borrowings come from multiple sources, but they can't be conflated.
I meant a consortium lending to the SPV. But yes it seems a vehicle for lower interest rates. Oh and money laundering (joke don't kill me kgb)

Why would we be paying £4.4m a year for a piece of land with a capital value of £20-30m?

Rising sea levels lol

Joe Anderson: "It won't cost Liverpool City Council taxpayers any funding... Indeed, the reverse is true. Out of the deal for that security [Liverpool City Council] would receive a substantial amount of money, in excess of £4.4m every year."

Source: BBC Sport

As I said, the club would be paying the council £4.4 million - but now we know it's to secure the land and loan.

Before anyone else comes to me with any other nonsense about me "having a problem" with the deal just know that I'm made up that this is happening and I have no anti-Moshiri agenda to push here. I'm just interested in the details of the deal from a financing perspective.

This deal is all about securing cheap financing rates for Everton Football Club, as the business.

I am saying that Moshiri could afford to fund it out of pocket and have EFC forgo these fees to LCC as well as any interest payments for a loan.

That said though, I would never have expected Moshiri to actually pay for a stadium out of pocket when he still only owns 49.9% of the club, that's laughable.

If he owned the whole club it would make sense to fund it personally as he could always make that money back when he wanted by issuing shares at his own discretion and avoid the extra costs of securing financing.

I never had a problem, I was very clear about being happy about the stadium announcement.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to discuss the terms of the deal behind it and what might be motivating it.

As long as it gets built I could give a toss how it is paid for, am I not allowed to talk about it though?
TBF mate. You've been criticising him for not just paying for it. Yet you're unwilling to name another time in the history of football an individual has done such a thing.

Don't forget about Naming Rights, folks.

127.jpg