Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
well said. think we've lost a bit of our central defensive solidarity, but as last season proved, i'm not sure you can blame him. almost all the goals we've conceded this season have been due to poor individual performances/errors from experienced defenders i.e. howard v palace, jagielka v chelsea and distin v swansea. i mean, you can't really blame the manager for that, he can't really legislate for it - he's picking the best players there.

last sentence is easy, not many managers would have the audacity to even try and bring that calibre to everton, never mind sell us to them
Aye. Like you said, Martinez can't legislate for the individual errors we've been making. The really hard thing to grasp is the players who are making the errors were so consistent last season and made very few errors between them. They are the players he would have been relying on and at the start of the season Jags, Distin and Howard cost us a lot of points.

Thankfully Jags has played himself back into form and Howard looks to be settling down. Martinez had faith in Howard and Jags and they look like they've turned the corner. Distin being absent still is a bit of a mystery. Hopefully the talk of a bust up is off the mark, as he still has a job to do for us and on his day is just as good as any of our other centre backs.

We've got a great run of games coming up now, while the "big clubs" should all be busy taking points off each other. We are still not firing on all cyclinders but at least we look like our defenders have remembered how to defend and we are lethal going forward. Beat Swansea on the weekend and we are right in the mix for fourth after a dreadful start to the season. COYB

Didn't read it until now, and had to look up 7 english references. I figured out 5. Well in lad, the more the better, so glad I know what Gendarme is.

As a short point, we were boss until NBC Sports stopped my delayed stream at the 55th minute. I assume we were sickeningly deadly dead boss after that, am I right?

ContentDifferentHen.gif

Oh and he's scoring regularly and generally looks a decent player.
Please don't post this gif, I'm already having twins from the first time. Sexy sexy football, that is.

I really want everton to beat southampton away

Southampton are a very good side...better than last season actually. Liverpool and Man U paid stupid dollar for name players who were eminently replaceable...kudos to all the GOT posters who gave the Tadic shout...what a player

Welcome relief to see that we didn't do that thing where we get beat by a team thats absolutely horrendous for a change.

Can't complain about much considering we did what we had to, bag the points.

On to Swansea.

he would have never come to us. No champions league. Wages not high enough. In our world, Lukaku was one of our best options. An investment (which always involves some risk). Some of the names bandied around as alternatives are just ridiculous. We are playing in the Europa and we have no money for wages.

We are seriously good at the minute, our injuries aside we,ve still in there.
Got to hand it to Roberto with his background as a physio and an allround ludicrously handsome man, i,m sure where other managers will burn their players out..

He wont be in his players rented bedroom reading them bed time stories, if their too tired to play.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.