Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first Everton game this season I have missed unfortunately (apart from Swansea in the CC, but that never happened). We looked good from the highlights although a few people on here seem to agree that we didn't have it all our own way. Didn't realize how boss Eto'o's goals were until I saw them. Holy crap!! It's still weird and wonderful to see him play in an Everton shirt and I don't think we'd have him without Martinez.

Good to see Lukaku among the goals again, especially after the mistake that led to Burnley's goal. He may not be terrorizing defences in the way we know he can but as long as he is scoring it doesn't matter. Form will come. I was worried when I saw our starting lineup to be honest, but 3-1 away after a Europa outing midweek is a fantastic result with a generous run of fixtures to come.

Anyway, there's a completely irrelevant synopsis by someone who didn't watch it, hope you found it informing and insightful.
Well maybe not informative and insightful but with good perspective :)

What im happy with the most is Martinez having no excuses about playing in Europe on thursday then a pl game on sunday , we dont even look tired after the away european games which is a huge plus.
I thought we looked tired after the game in Russia, but that's understandable after all the travelling
Lille is somewhat closer so I think we were much fresher and it showed
Was made up Mr Eto'o played the full match yesterday and on Thursday
He's a lean mean goal machine and a hell of a link player

I've still got that wank chant and clap from the Burnley fans stuck in my head. Absolutely horrendous. What makes it worse is that i have no idea what they are chanting.

' hershehe ' clap clap

' hadghsa ' clap clap

....reds workmate said to me today that Burnley are the worst side he's ever seen in the Premier. Not sure that is the case but they will surely struggle. Funny, though, how they always try and deflate our victories. I did point out that Burnley are still without a win and if that was the case when his lot play them he'd be a bit nervous.

Was at work yesterday so watched the game later thanks to sky+, good to get a win after the Europa game on Thursday, we've seen teams struggle with this over the years and spurs are clearly still having problems on that front! Well done to the lads

...I always wonder why so much is made of Thursday/Sunday games and much less fuss about Midweek/Saturday games for the Champions League clubs. Interesting perspective from Gary Neville that regular Thursday/Sunday games impact the internal clock players are used to. Hope we prove that theory wrong his season.

Osman was knackered after 50 minutes mate, after being rested mid week, the definition of a player who doesnt have the engine to start anymore, alcaraz made one god awful mistake and played on the back foot against the worst strikers he will face by a mile all season, hes too slow and not physical enough, constantly dropped off letting his man take the ball down rather than competing for it, to avoid getting exposed. Neither are good enough to start

ah no i meant based on your spelling haha

....reds workmate said to me today that Burnley are the worst side he's ever seen in the Premier. Not sure that is the case but they will surely struggle. Funny, though, how they always try and deflate our victories. I did point out that Burnley are still without a win and if that was the case when his lot play them he'd be a bit nervous.
Being a RS your mate probably hasn't seen more than a handful of sides though.

Derby. Didn't they go down with something stupid like 8 points?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.