Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at work yesterday so watched the game later thanks to sky+, good to get a win after the Europa game on Thursday, we've seen teams struggle with this over the years and spurs are clearly still having problems on that front! Well done to the lads

I though that was easy, we showed our class, all over the pitch, we had gears too.

That will be that European hangover.....

The first Everton game this season I have missed unfortunately (apart from Swansea in the CC, but that never happened). We looked good from the highlights although a few people on here seem to agree that we didn't have it all our own way. Didn't realize how boss Eto'o's goals were until I saw them. Holy crap!! It's still weird and wonderful to see him play in an Everton shirt and I don't think we'd have him without Martinez.

Good to see Lukaku among the goals again, especially after the mistake that led to Burnley's goal. He may not be terrorizing defences in the way we know he can but as long as he is scoring it doesn't matter. Form will come. I was worried when I saw our starting lineup to be honest, but 3-1 away after a Europa outing midweek is a fantastic result with a generous run of fixtures to come.

Anyway, there's a completely irrelevant synopsis by someone who didn't watch it, hope you found it informing and insightful.

I was at the NFL yesterday so missed the game, reading back through these pages, some of you need to think before you post.

The kneejerking and slagging at points is embarrassing.

Rom is 21
We won 3 1
After a Thursday night away game
Influential players only just coming back/getting their fitness back.

Stop moaning and have some faith.

I counted 9 passes in each of the build ups to the first two goals - the only Burnley player who touched the ball in both sequences of play was the defender who blocked Lukaku's first shot for the 2nd goal.

Five passes including the throw in for Eto's second.

More than ten leading to Naisy's chance near the end.

Defence is still worrying though.

you must be drunk?

Osman was knackered after 50 minutes mate, after being rested mid week, the definition of a player who doesnt have the engine to start anymore, alcaraz made one god awful mistake and played on the back foot against the worst strikers he will face by a mile all season, hes too slow and not physical enough, constantly dropped off letting his man take the ball down rather than competing for it, to avoid getting exposed. Neither are good enough to start

Defences need time together.
Coleman has been out. Alcaraz is only into the team. Jags is returning to form.

Osman is still better than a lot of the players in the premiership, so give him a break.

I counted 9 passes in each of the build ups to the first two goals - the only Burnley player who touched the ball in both sequences of play was the defender who blocked Lukaku's first shot for the 2nd goal.

Five passes including the throw in for Eto's second.

More than ten leading to Naisy's chance near the end.

Defence is still worrying though.
Your math must be [Poor language removed] then because there was about 20 passes for the lukaku goal

What im happy with the most is Martinez having no excuses about playing in Europe on thursday then a pl game on sunday , we dont even look tired after the away european games which is a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.