Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Great point. Martinez really has been boss since coming in. Just read that stat about us having scored 100 PL goals in 57 games.

I had my doubts before he came, especially with what went on at Wigan. He has proved me wrong, I'd say every area of our play has imroved. We get more out of the fullbacks going forward, we see more possession, more chances, better passing, better finishing and we still have that bite we had under Moyes with Mcarthy and Barry in midfield. Martinez has an eye for a deal too. Bar Kone, everyone else who he's brought in looks to be capable of doing a job. Alcaraz in the last few games has been decent and given us an added option with Stones injured and Distin struggling with whatever it is he's struggling with. As much as I don't like Bill, he signed the right man for the job in Martinez. There's no doubt in my mind if Martinez wasn't here we wouldn't have attracted the likes of Eto'o and Lukaku.

well said. think we've lost a bit of our central defensive solidarity, but as last season proved, i'm not sure you can blame him. almost all the goals we've conceded this season have been due to poor individual performances/errors from experienced defenders i.e. howard v palace, jagielka v chelsea and distin v swansea. i mean, you can't really blame the manager for that, he can't really legislate for it - he's picking the best players there.

last sentence is easy, not many managers would have the audacity to even try and bring that calibre to everton, never mind sell us to them

Status
Not open for further replies.