Burnley v Everton. 26th Oct at 13.30.

Result?

• Burnley

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Everton

Votes: 145 80.1%
  • The actual [Poor language removed] has happened to Zellweger's grid?

Votes: 30 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe we have both of them, 3 years ago we had Cahill and Fellaini playing up front.

worse than that mate, when martinez came just over a year ago we had jelavic, anichebe and vellios as our whole strikeforce! amazing transformation he's done, one of the best world strikers in the last decade as well as the one who will be the same for the next decade

What Martinez has done to Naismith is phenomenal.

He has given him belief, and the fans believe in Martinez.

Martinez recognises that the best of Naismith will be when he can sniff chances out that fall in the box or through on a 1v1.

I don't really think Moyes knew how to play Naismith and that he was hoping to get a Jelavic / Nais partnership going like Rangers had.

Oh and a reminder.

Romelu Lukaku is 21.

Some fans (and unfortunately one who sits infront of me in the UB) forget that. His best years are not now and we haven't bought the finished product.

Rom will improve over time with games and guidance, and we will reap the benefits majorly as time goes on.

What has Pelle done to warrant such acclaim?
He has been in the country less than three months.

ContentDifferentHen.gif

Oh and he's scoring regularly and generally looks a decent player.

worse than that mate, when martinez came just over a year ago we had jelavic, anichebe and vellios as our whole strikeforce! amazing transformation he's done, one of the best world strikers in the last decade as well as the one who will be the same for the next decade
Great point. Martinez really has been boss since coming in. Just read that stat about us having scored 100 PL goals in 57 games.

I had my doubts before he came, especially with what went on at Wigan. He has proved me wrong, I'd say every area of our play has imroved. We get more out of the fullbacks going forward, we see more possession, more chances, better passing, better finishing and we still have that bite we had under Moyes with Mcarthy and Barry in midfield. Martinez has an eye for a deal too. Bar Kone, everyone else who he's brought in looks to be capable of doing a job. Alcaraz in the last few games has been decent and given us an added option with Stones injured and Distin struggling with whatever it is he's struggling with. As much as I don't like Bill, he signed the right man for the job in Martinez. There's no doubt in my mind if Martinez wasn't here we wouldn't have attracted the likes of Eto'o and Lukaku.

Two things

1. No clean sheet. Not happy.

2. Lukaku comments remind me of the Naismith-is-turbogash scandal. He had a toe injury and is searching for form. Think Martinez just needs to manage his desire levels. But otherwise not worried.

We're almost there. Not yet at 100% form.

But almost

Lads, however you look at it, and even though the press ignore it, we have Eto'o playing up front. I couldn't care if he's 85, the lad is pure class and knows where the goal is.........Brenda would die to have this lad...........

The fat goofy bell didn't want him though.

Too busy stopping Roy Hodgson killing his players

Before today, the last time I had seen Everton win away from home (excluding friendlies) was November 2011.

To put that in perspective, that was a 2-0 win away at Bolton, our starting line up compared to today?

24T. Howard
5J. Heitinga
6P. Jagielka
3L. Baines
2T. Hibbert
23S. Coleman
17T. Cahill
SO.png

21L. Osman
YC.png
43'
7D. Bilyaletdinov
SO.png

25M. Fellaini
G.png
49'
8L. Saha
SO.png

compared to today;

24T. Howard
6P. Jagielka
3L. Baines
23S. Coleman
30A. Alcáraz
18G. Barry
21L. Osman
SO.png

16J. McCarthy
14S. Naismith
YC.png
55'
5S. Eto'o
G.png
4'
G.png
85'
10R. Lukaku
SO.png
YC.png
24'
G.png
29'

and thats with us missing Barkley and Mirallas from the starting line up.

Apologies if its been posted before, but the Guardian's review of the game pointed out that as meh as Lukaku has been, he is still almost at a goal every other game. How boss is he going to be when he is on form?

Also Eto'o is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.