Lille Tickets - Box Office Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jimbo. Hope I can get something sorted tomorrow when I am due a call from the "Ticketing Manager" whoever that is.

Even if I do get it sorted, it will still leave a sour taste, both because Everton have cocked up big time and some so-called "Evertonian" has walked away with my tickets. I'm hoping that Everton can tell me what seat numbers I was allocated so that I can have a quiet word with the occupants on Thursday night.
If you go on eticketing and check your purchase history it will say on there what seat you where allocated

Sounds to me like someone has come to claim their tickets and been given the wrong set of tickets. I'm confident you'll get this sorted and receive your rightful set of tickets.

I actually feel sorry for the person holding your tickets, as they will likely become invalid, completely unbeknownst to the current holder. They'll get to the ground and be refused entry.

Can't see how this could be the result of some chancers ripping you off. Seems like a basic, but quite major, admin error.

Not a good advert for the EFC box office, that's for sure.

Just had a reply from Robert Elstone with some positive comments - hope I can give an even more positive update tomorrow!

I should think so as well.

Photo id all the way. I generally am happy to show it picking up tickets.

proof of identity stops a whole lot of messing round like all this

There's a gang of about 10 of us who go to most games and some of the cock ups we've had over the years have been ridiculous.

For Palace last season, I ordered 8 tickets and they sent us 7. When I rang up to complain they said it was my problem and I'd have to pick up duplicates from Palace. I said why should I be put out after your mistake? I don't go to an away simply to watch the game. Why should I give up my leisure time to sort out an issue not caused by myself because someone couldn't count? They said they'd sold all of the tickets but I kept going and emailed Elstone. In the end they sorted it and I got 8 tickets and a cheque for £20 for the bother. Don't take no for an answer mate.

Another one was Fiorentina the other year and ironically the same thing happened to me as you but in reverse. I went to collect the tickets on the Friday and it took ages to get them. There were different people coming back and forth to the window and they couldn't find my 4 four tickets. In the end they sorted it and I walked away with what I thought were my tickets. Anyway on the Wednesday, I was travelling at 5am and on the Tuesday an envelope turned up with 4 tickets in. So basically they'd posted out my tickets marked for collection and that was why they couldn't find them on the Friday. I phoned the club and said "why have you sent me four tickets". They said it was a mistake and I'd have to return them. I said there was no chance I'd be able to get them back to the club because I was travelling early the next day to Gatwick. So sadly four poor people like yourself maybe missed out on tickets for Fiorentina because some idiot can't put an envelope in the correct pile.

Thanks to all GOT posters for your information and support.
I went to the Box Office before today's game and was told that the three of us will definitely get into the game, but that I couldn't have tickets because they were all sold and Lille will not issue duplicates (seems a sensible approach by Lille tbh).
Awaiting final instructions on Tuesday, but I think it will involve getting in with Everton and Lille stewards and the occupants of those three seats being ejected from the ground. Should be an interesting experience.
If you have these tickets, then you won't see the game. If you bought them from the person who stole them, then I apologise in advance but suggest you might want to take this up with the aforesaid criminal.

Thanks to all GOT posters for your information and support.
I went to the Box Office before today's game and was told that the three of us will definitely get into the game, but that I couldn't have tickets because they were all sold and Lille will not issue duplicates (seems a sensible approach by Lille tbh).
Awaiting final instructions on Tuesday, but I think it will involve getting in with Everton and Lille stewards and the occupants of those three seats being ejected from the ground. Should be an interesting experience.
If you have these tickets, then you won't see the game. If you bought them from the person who stole them, then I apologise in advance but suggest you might want to take this up with the aforesaid criminal.
Jumping the gun a bit saying they've been stolen mate.....more likely an admin cock-up in the ticketing office. My guess is they've given them in error to someone with a similar name or something, and that the tickets they should have got will be sat waiting to be collected. Not fair that either you, or possibly the Blues who have your tickets in error should miss the game either way. Sure some of those in the ticket office are kopites......

Jumping the gun a bit saying they've been stolen mate.....more likely an admin cock-up in the ticketing office. My guess is they've given them in error to someone with a similar name or something, and that the tickets they should have got will be sat waiting to be collected. Not fair that either you, or possibly the Blues who have your tickets in error should miss the game either way. Sure some of those in the ticket office are kopites......

If someone goes to a cash machine and forgets to pickup their money and the next person takes the money with out trying to give it to the person who forgot

Its theft.

These tickets will likely have names printed on. If not the person who has them knows what tickets they should have from their purchase history and client number.

By not coming forward this person has potentially committed theft

If someone goes to a cash machine and forgets to pickup their money and the next person takes the money with out trying to give it to the person who forgot

Its theft.a

These tickets will likely have names printed on. If not the person who has them knows what tickets they should have from their purchase history and client number.

Still think it's likely to be a genuine error. Our tickets in the Lille end have no names on....do the away end ones?
I've never checked my client history to see if the seat numbers etc tally with what I've collected....and can't believe many others do either.

Still think it's likely to be a genuine error. Our tickets in the Lille end have no names on....do the away end ones?
I've never checked my client history to see if the seat numbers etc tally with what I've collected....and can't believe many others do either.

If you buy tickets they appear on the first page on eticketing

I had issues recently with the tickets...got a great contact within the box office who sorts me right out every time though.

Commonplace though having to chase things.

Its theft.

I imagine they probably haven't opened them - I know I don't open tickets til nearer the time for a gig or whatever. Should do, but don't. Their actual tickets will likely be sat in the pile to never be collected. Bad situation all round

Status
Not open for further replies.