Lille Tickets - Box Office Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tickets haven't been stolen.It's been a massive ticket office cock up. People have been given the wrong tickets which will be apparent when they will be humiliated by the Lille stewards at the ground. EFC just give the guy 3 other tickets which you will have.

Depends on your definition of stolen.
All tickets were handed out in window envelopes with the name and address of the buyer showing through the window. So unless the person who was given theses tickets by mistake has not checked the contents of the envelope, they will have seen that they had the wrong tickets.
What are the chances of some random person having bought three tickets? It's more likely that they bought one or two - but now they have three, and have decided to keep them all.

Chances are, they were stolen.

Final update before we make our way from Wavertree to Lille via the Eurotunnel tomorrow:

Lille have agreed to issue duplicate tickets - after some serious negotiation between Everton and Lille.
Picking them up on Thursday.

Will give a retrospective update on Saturday.

Went to man city away a few years back, Maine road days. Every time someone sat down in the row in front, the steward went across to them to tell them they had a stolen seat - but that they wouldn't be thrown out. Someone had nicked the tickets (30 of them ish) and then hung around outside the ticket office to sell them to people who had come to buy a city ticket.

At the time I remember the steward saying the theft of tickets was rife - "sometimes thousands would go"...

Got back from Lille late last night and pleased to report that I picked up three tickets from the Lille box office at 4.10 p.m. on Thursday.
Thanks to the help I received from both the Everton box office and the Lille staff, who couldn't have been more helpful.

Finally, thanks again to all contributors on GOT for your support and suggestions.

Got back from Lille late last night and pleased to report that I picked up three tickets from the Lille box office at 4.10 p.m. on Thursday.
Thanks to the help I received from both the Everton box office and the Lille staff, who couldn't have been more helpful.

Finally, thanks again to all contributors on GOT for your support and suggestions.

Nice one, glad there was a happy ending to a bad situation mate.

So who was found in your seats?

So who was found in your seats?

I'd imagine nobody? As the tickets would have been made null, and voided?

Even then, surely it'd be wrong to assume someone stole them, as opposed to the club just giving out the wrong tickets, and covering their backs by keeping shut?

Status
Not open for further replies.