Lille Tickets - Box Office Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stan Lee Park

Player Valuation: £20m
Just called the box office today to check when I can collect tickets for the Lille game which I bought on Monday.

Amazingly they told me that the tickets had already been collected.
This means that the box office have given away my tickets to somebody - they have no idea who that might be - and I am left with no tickets having organised and paid for a trip for four of us.

The box office say there is nothing they can do as all tickets have been sold and Lille will not issue duplicates.

Any thoughts or advice?

Just called the box office today to check when I can collect tickets for the Lille game which I bought on Monday.

This means that the box office have given away my tickets to somebody - they have no idea who that might be - and I am left with no tickets having organised and paid for a trip for four of us.

The box office say there is nothing they can do as all tickets have been sold and Lille will not issue duplicates.

Any thoughts or advice?
See my thread - lille tickets not received. Small club mentality. Every time there is a big game they [Poor language removed] it up. Leave it to kids at window to take the hassle.

Go to the game tomorrow as early as you can and wait for Robert Elstone to arrive and then explain to him that some dipstick in the Box Office has incorrectly given your tickets to somebody else. Make sure you gave all your ID and proof of purchase etc with you and don't let him off the hook... He isn't personally responsible, but at such short notice to go to the CEO is probably your best bet.

I would ask them what checks they do when people pick tickets up for starters.

Not sure of the legal side of it, but if you can prove you paid for them, (easy I guess), and they have admitted they gave them to someone else, then a refund, including travel etc, should be the minimum.

Not that that helps in getting to the match though.

Any thoughts or advice?
Do a banner.

They SHOULD know what seats were allocated to you, therefore they SHOULD know the barcode that was generated on the tickets, so they SHOULD be able to cancel the said barcodes and issue an e-ticket version with a new valid barcode.

IF THE SEAT NUMBERS ARE MADE PUBLIC THEN SOME POOR SOD WON'T BUY THEM OFF SOMEONE IN GOOD FAITH AND BE REFUSED ENTRY.

If Lille stewards working in that section are made aware of it then they can ensure that you get to take your seat that you've paid for if the person/persons have managed to get in with them.

In this day and age where turnstiles rely on chips and barcodes it's never been easier to prevent someone from entering a stadium. e.g. if you forget your season ticket or lose it they check the system to see that nobody has entered with it, print you a ticket off and bar that season ticket from being used.

Any thoughts or advice?

Call the police or trading standards.

No joke. Its fraud and someone has presumably fraudulently picked them up or they've been stolen.

Also make an official complaint to the club. Photo ID should of been mandatory for the collection.

Also this could involve someone inside the ticketing office and involve the theft of tickets.

Without it being investigated - who knows?

Call the police or trading standards.

No joke. Its fraud and someone has presumably fraudulently picked them up or they've been stolen.

Also make an official complaint to the club. Photo ID should of been mandatory for the collection.

Also this could involve someone inside the ticketing office and involve the theft of tickets.

Without it being investigated - who knows?

This has occurred to me. What upsets me almost as much as not being able to go to Lille is that an "Evertonian" or someone who works for Everton is sitting with my tickets.

Would love to know who it is...

This has occurred to me. What upsets me almost as much as not being able to go to Lille is that an "Evertonian" or someone who works for Everton is sitting with my tickets.

Would love to know who it is...

http://eticketing.evertonfc.com/PagesPublic/UserControlled/faq.aspx

"You MUST bring along your credit card and a printed copy of your email confirmation as proof of purchase when collecting tickets."

Hard to prove that didn't happen, but I wouldn't give up. There's no reason why Lille can't cancel the tickets bought on that card, you just need to complain to the right person. The person who you deal with ( either on the phone or in person in the box office ) will have a supervisor, eventually you'll get high enough up the chain and find someone with the authority to do something.

http://eticketing.evertonfc.com/PagesPublic/UserControlled/faq.aspx

"You MUST bring along your credit card and a printed copy of your email confirmation as proof of purchase when collecting tickets."

Hard to prove that didn't happen, but I wouldn't give up. There's no reason why Lille can't cancel the tickets bought on that card, you just need to complain to the right person. The person who you deal with ( either on the phone or in person in the box office ) will have a supervisor, eventually you'll get high enough up the chain and find someone with the authority to do something.

Yes, I feel frustrated that I can't prove anything. But equally, the club should have procedures in place to cross-check ID and credit card details against customer number and name. They are displaying either frightening levels of ineptitude or - and I hate to say this - possible criminal behaviour.

Absolute disgrace that mate, hope you get it all sorted.

Ive had problems with the ticket office several times, they are a joke.

Yes, I feel frustrated that I can't prove anything. But equally, the club should have procedures in place to cross-check ID and credit card details against customer number and name. They are displaying either frightening levels of ineptitude or - and I hate to say this - possible criminal behaviour.

I'd go down to the ticket office and chat to them face to face. Don't bother with over the phone, its gone beyond that point now.

They have failed to follow the correct procedures, you should not be punished for the clubs mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.