Lille Tickets - Box Office Fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm not joking - if these are sold out.

They're presumably very valuable.
This has occurred to me. What upsets me almost as much as not being able to go to Lille is that an "Evertonian" or someone who works for Everton is sitting with my tickets.

Would love to know who it is...

Its unlikely you will get a happy ending here mate.

But think of the next person who spends on 4 people's travel and tickets and gets nothing due to either negligence or someone stealing the tickets.

I've got your back either way if you do press home this point to EFC and the relevant authorities like Trading Standards.

Think of the children. no joke. and the next one this happens to.

Absolute disgrace that mate, hope you get it all sorted.

Ive had problems with the ticket office several times, they are a joke.

Thanks Jimbo. Hope I can get something sorted tomorrow when I am due a call from the "Ticketing Manager" whoever that is.

Even if I do get it sorted, it will still leave a sour taste, both because Everton have cocked up big time and some so-called "Evertonian" has walked away with my tickets. I'm hoping that Everton can tell me what seat numbers I was allocated so that I can have a quiet word with the occupants on Thursday night.

Yes, I feel frustrated that I can't prove anything. But equally, the club should have procedures in place to cross-check ID and credit card details against customer number and name. They are displaying either frightening levels of ineptitude or - and I hate to say this - possible criminal behaviour.

You can. You can prove you bought them. You can prove who you are. You can prove you hanvt got them.

Take @Woolly Blue advice mate. He knows stuff like this.

Thanks Jimbo. Hope I can get something sorted tomorrow when I am due a call from the "Ticketing Manager" whoever that is.

Even if I do get it sorted, it will still leave a sour taste, both because Everton have cocked up big time and some so-called "Evertonian" has walked away with my tickets. I'm hoping that Everton can tell me what seat numbers I was allocated so that I can have a quiet word with the occupants on Thursday night.

It could be a genuine mistake by the ticket office and they have gave someone with a similar name your tickets by mistake.

Hope it gets sorted for you.

Sad thing is they're not usually bothered. My wembley tickets the other year got posted in with the neighbours even though we weren't booked with them or anything, luckily they're sound enough to give them to us but others might not have been. We rang up Everton to complain and they weren't bothered.

Your seats should be on your e-ticketing account under purchase history. Good luck getting sorted.

How did you pay ?

If Credit Card tell them that you are seeking advice from visa or whoever & if new 1's with new barcodes aren't issued then they will recover the amount paid.

Just called the box office today to check when I can collect tickets for the Lille game which I bought on Monday.

Amazingly they told me that the tickets had already been collected.
This means that the box office have given away my tickets to somebody - they have no idea who that might be - and I am left with no tickets having organised and paid for a trip for four of us.

The box office say there is nothing they can do as all tickets have been sold and Lille will not issue duplicates.

Any thoughts or advice?

Gutted for you mate, that's a disgrace what has happened to you. And the frightening thing is, it could happen to any of us.

I would repeat what other people have said - you need to get down to the club box office asap. I'd get there for first thing in the morning mate, and I'd explain the situation and ask to speak to the box office manager. This is a case of fraud - someone has took your tickets that belong to you. There's a possibility that it might not be resolved tomorrow as it's a Saturday matchday, so be prepared to continue this on Monday morning. Good luck mate and keep us informed how you get on.

Yes, I feel frustrated that I can't prove anything. But equally, the club should have procedures in place to cross-check ID and credit card details against customer number and name. They are displaying either frightening levels of ineptitude or - and I hate to say this - possible criminal behaviour.

I doubt that mate. Box office opens tomorrow at 9am. Take a print out of your order, be firm but polite and stay calm. It can be sorted. Lille can put a stop on the tickets bought on your card and have people turned away if they try to get into the ground with them and arrange to get your party into the ground. It just needs someone with enough clout to make it happen.

I doubt that mate. Box office opens tomorrow at 9am. Take a print out of your order, be firm but polite and stay calm. It can be sorted. Lille can put a stop on the tickets bought on your card and have people turned away if they try to get into the ground with them and arrange to get your party into the ground. It just needs someone with enough clout to make it happen.

Agree.

It's not good enough that someone has tried to make out like nothing can be done. It's a straightforward discussion between someone from Everton telling someone at Lille what's gone on and to allow the OP to turn up at the Lille ground with proof and they allow him in and turn away anyone trying to get in using the original tickets.

Gutted for you here mate, few things. Someone knows they have your tickets, they know they have collected tickets they havent paid for, what kind of a scum bag does that to a fellow blue.
Have you got the seats numbers? they need monitoring on the night of the game if possible.

As for Everton, push this as hard as you can mate, its there mistake and no that should never ben made.

Last edited:
Gutted for you here mate, few things. Someone knows they have your tickets, they know they have collected tickets the havent paid for, what kind of a scum bag does that to a fellow blue.
Have you got the seats numbers? they need monitoring on the night of the game if possible.

As for Everton, push this as hard as you can mate, its there mistake and no that should never ben made.

Just got the seat numbers from my Purchase History! Good on two counts:
1. I can get Everton/Lille to do something about getting me into the game.
2. I can now have a word with the person who took the tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.