We've got our man, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a winger/CAM and a striker. (Both on loan I imagine).

If we do that then we will be looking very, very strong IMO. Hopefully the league will be even more competitive next season with all teams taking points off one another - then who knows what could happen....

We'll see how Spurs play under Pochitina, his style suits the new players more. I think they'll be strong. Utd will need to spend big on defence otherwise they'll finish 7th again. Liverpool haven't replaced Suarez. The other 3 are probably guaranteed to be the top 3.

Anyway as for the question. Our number 1 target has to be cover for Coleman.

I would also love another left-sided winger (starter if possible) and backup striker.

However if we went to a 3-5-2 and bought Bony and played him and Lukaku then that would be perfect.

No ceilings no predictions, but I'm looking forward to this season.

Now what? Go out and get a top winger in and a second half-decent striker, even if he's just on loan. How about Traore? Our squad would then be complete.

Hibbert is clearly cover for coleman. Besic stones and browning all have experience playing there as does even jagielka.

Hes going to wait for jonjoe kenny over the next two seasons.

We'll see how Spurs play under Pochitina, his style suits the new players more. I think they'll be strong. Utd will need to spend big on defence otherwise they'll finish 7th again. Liverpool haven't replaced Suarez. The other 3 are probably guaranteed to be the top 3.

Anyway as for the question. Our number 1 target has to be cover for Coleman.

I would also love another left-sided winger (starter if possible) and backup striker.

However if we went to a 3-5-2 and bought Bony and played him and Lukaku then that would be perfect.

No ceilings no predictions, but I'm looking forward to this season.

Adama Traore on loan from Barca would be perfect in my opinion. A winger with fantastic speed but also play as striker. Use your Connections, Roberto and get him for us.

The way I see it; we need another striker, 2 wingers (at least 1 of which, is left footed), and back up for Barkley. I also think an understudy for Coleman would be nice. We'll miss him if he's out for any reason, and he can't play every game next season

Hibbert is clearly cover for coleman. Besic stones and browning all have experience playing there as does even jagielka.

Hes going to wait for jonjoe kenny over the next two seasons.

All are rubbish in that position, our style needs an attacking fullback with loads of pace although maybe we would just switch to 3 at the back.

I don't know anything about Kenny but it doesn't appear he's that kind of player either plus he's probably at least 3 years away.

We should have gone for DeAndre Yedlin who now looks off to Roma.

Obviously this changes if Lukaku's knee explodes against Leicester but I'd be happy for Bobby to wait until deadline day and then try for a cheeky loan of Remy, if he hasn't gone anywhere else. Agree with others that we'd have among the best choice of strikers in the league if we could pull that off.

If ballbag face Redknapp doesn't think our offer is triffic then it sounds like we'll have Traore to fall back on anyway. I reckon he could be decent.

I think we need backup to Coleman quite urgently to be honest. Yes Hibbert, Stones and Jagielka can play there but none of them do so convincingly. Arsenal seem to be stockpiling right backs could we have one of their's on loan? Jenkinson maybe?

A winger would be good as well. A second year for Deulofeu would suit me, but failing that someone else of a similar style. Henen is the same age that Gerard was last year, would be great if he could have a similar impact, but would prefer someone older with less learning to do. I'd be up for Ben Arfa you know, he seems to be in limbo at Newcastle and I think Martinez is as likely as anyone to get the best out of him.

They may well be rubbish but hibbert has a 2year deal and martinez said he wouldnt sign anyone who would restrict players growth.

Kenny is 18 in march and will be 19 when hibberts contract expires. I think he will slowly get games and come in as the cover player.

All are rubbish in that position, our style needs an attacking fullback with loads of pace although maybe we would just switch to 3 at the back.

I don't know anything about Kenny but it doesn't appear he's that kind of player either plus he's probably at least 3 years away.

We should have gone for DeAndre Yedlin who now looks off to Roma.

I would quite like us to sign Callum Mcmanaman from Wigan, he can play on the wing, has worked well with Martinez before and is a blue. I think he has two years on his contract though and would be over £10m, so I can't see it coming off.

I think we need another striker, but only as a bit part player, so then you are probably talking about Traore on loan or signing an older player on a short term deal. I would like to see Eto'o on a one or two year contract, I think he still has an eye for goal (scored 9 in 21 apps last season) and is proven in europe, he was released by Chelsea, so no fee to pay. the rumor is he wants £100k a week though and may possibly be signing for Roma.

I would quite like us to sign Callum Mcmanaman from Wigan, he can play on the wing, has worked well with Martinez before and is a blue. I think he has two years on his contract though and would be over £10m, so I can't see it coming off.

I think we need another striker, but only as a bit part player, so then you are probably talking about Traore on loan or signing an older player on a short term deal. I would like to see Eto'o on a one or two year contract, I think he still has an eye for goal (scored 9 in 21 apps last season) and is proven in europe, he was released by Chelsea, so no fee to pay. the rumor is he wants £100k a week though and may possibly be signing for Roma.
There is so much wrong with this post mate.

They may well be rubbish but hibbert has a 2year deal and martinez said he wouldnt sign anyone who would restrict players growth.

Kenny is 18 in march and will be 19 when hibberts contract expires. I think he will slowly get games and come in as the cover player.

Matthew Lowton. I'll shout it til the cows come home.

One of the young lads lambert signed but actualy 25 now...whats the reason hes only played 15games last season?

Seems like he hasnt performed in a poor villa side.

Matthew Lowton. I'll shout it til the cows come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.