Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impresses me most is that in 10 years the Moyes moaners bring up about 3 substitions in various games as indicators hes rubbish. - If thats all you can come up with in 10 years Id say hes doing pretty well!

I'm of two minds. I'm not happy finishing mid table, and I think Moyes is too conservative. On the other hand, I really don't know where we'd be without him. I think he's a genius at managing the stuff he has no control over (finances, etc) but comes a bit short on some of the stuff he does have control over.

I honestly think that Moyes is restrained because he feels like he has to be. He knows if we ever got relegated, that would be the end of Everton as we know it - like Leeds. So his first and foremost thought is secure promotion, get in mid table and hopefully catch a few good results and qualify for Europe or make a cup run.

Maybe he's right, but it is frustrating to think Champions League football is about as a likely as winning the lottery.

Well done lid. In the past ten years you've gave me some ace times.

I want acer times though. Hurry up ffs.

This. And we all want better than what we're doing don't we?

I'm sure noone is overly happy where we finish each year, and we all want to win the league each year?

Some fans opinions are different over how better we should have done, but at least he's raised the level of expectations.

How we push on is another matter.

What impresses me most is that in 10 years the Moyes moaners bring up about 3 substitions in various games as indicators hes rubbish. - If thats all you can come up with in 10 years Id say hes doing pretty well!

Could you bring up how many trophies he's won for me please mate?

*Not a moyes moaner btw.

You know what's really funny about this thread?

I saw the same thread last year.

And the year before that.

Get my drift? Some things never change.

Is that good or bad?

Like the good book.

"The majority credit his astute selections, winning game-plans and canny use of substitutes."

Safe to say I spat my cereal everywhere this morning.

http://ojogobonito.net/2012/03/08/news-felipao-is-the-11th-best-paid-manager-in-the-world/

Dave Moyles - 14th top paid manager in the world:

managers_salaries.png

Status
Not open for further replies.