Dave Moyes 10th anniversary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing here *suspects popcorning*. I did not ever say that we should not be beating those teams. We are better on paper than them, simple. BUT you can't win them all. We will cock up while we have a small squad and put pressure on a few players to carry the rest all season long.

Excuses excuses. I'm not asking to win them all, i'm asking to win the majority of our games against bottom 6 sides at HOME. Guess what ? We haven't, and that is a joke.

You can talk about how little we have spent in comparison to X team all you like, but year after year we have a crap start to the season, and this season we've been made to look like mugs by teams at Goodison who we should be be beating handily.

It's what counts though.

When you buy a season ticket you pay for 19 games, if you go to the away games 38. What you are interested in seeing,is a team that will entertain you all season not one that plays quite well in a couple of games and huffs and puffs through the rest to try and finish mid table. If mid table is the best we can get with these players so be it, but there is no need to bore the arse of us in every game doing it.

I take it you don't go.

Excuses excuses. I'm not asking to win them all, i'm asking to win the majority of our games against bottom 6 sides at HOME. Guess what ? We haven't, and that is a joke.

You can talk about how little we have spent in comparison to X team all you like, but year after year we have a crap start to the season, and this season we've been made to look like mugs by teams at Goodison who we should be be beating handily.

If you ignore quite a few facts then it would seem like just lame excuses. Unfortunately there are a few things we could put our shoddy starts to the year down to. Including incorrect tactics. Moyes is far from brilliant in that dept. However, he rarely changes them and yet our form changes every year..... when we bring in fresh faces.

Paul, that might be down to the fact that even fresh faces are probably instructed to play defensively, in a way which doesn't suit them, and therefore [Poor language removed] up. Everyone has his strengths and weaknesses, but we seem to play in a way which would suit our very defensive mentality, rather than work with the attacking threat of Osman (through the middle that is), Drenthe, Barkley and the likes.

When you buy a season ticket you pay for 19 games, if you go to the away games 38. What you are interested in seeing,is a team that will entertain you all season not one that plays quite well in a couple of games and huffs and puffs through the rest to try and finish mid table. If mid table is the best we can get with these players so be it, but there is no need to bore the arse of us in every game doing it.

I take it you don't go.

You can take it whatever way you want. It's still the position at the end of the season that is the yardstick.

Actually no, blame everyone who isn't a STH FFS. It's their fault as well.

If you ignore quite a few facts then it would seem like just lame excuses. Unfortunately there are a few things we could put our shoddy starts to the year down to. Including incorrect tactics. Moyes is far from brilliant in that dept. However, he rarely changes them and yet our form changes every year..... when we bring in fresh faces.

has our form really changed that much, we beat city with a very good defensive display but we had less than 30% possession, we beat chelsea and played better but they are not exactly playing well. then you have QPR, wigan,blackburn, villa and spurs we was crap. even WBA was a terrible game that we sneaked a win. i would say the tactics and team selection are still ****e. since january (in the league) we have had 3 wins 2 loss and 3 draws. that doesn't really cry out an in form team that is pretty average.

You can take it whatever way you want. It's still the position at the end of the season that is the yardstick.

Actually no, blame everyone who isn't a STH FFS. It's their fault as well.

you need your head testing. you carry on turning the tv on at 4.45pm and then preach to us what we should think and that we have no reason to moan.

Unsy should present him with his plaque or certificate or whatever commemorative article that is to be bestowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.